Clunky front end

Hi all, just had the car back from the garage after having a few jobs done and it's still not as I would like it to be and I'm not 100% confident with her yet...had lots of bits and pieces done but the ride still worries me

The front was sloppy and wandered so had new ball joints put on-which are good! The front still clonks and I get a knocking noise if you turn hard to the right now...

Should I look to have the full suspension replaced??

Forum User
    Think i have the same problem with the knocking... since i got the car noticed it.. personally ive had...new arb,new wishbones with ball joints..the shocks and springs and top mounts were done last year.. literally weeks before i got the car.. only thing havnt checked really are the subframe mounts..but it has been off a month or so ago and the garage didnt say anything about worn parts.. maybe the suspension wasnt put in right place when replaced..but ive yet to have it out since ive had it n rule that possibility out.. rides over bumps and holes fine and theres no knocking then.. battery position has been checked and is sturdy.. all engine mounts are fine.. the steering rack is sturdy..not sure what ur front end is like but maybe we could both get an answer for this as its been driving me crazy too without steeling ur thread.. ..

Forum User
    Could be a worn drive shaft cv joint, or maybe even wn donuts on the top of the shocks. Are the sprIngs also seated properly, with no cracks etc?

Engine mounts? Wishbones?

when parked up see if you get a knocking noise if you turn your steering wheel quickly left and right like your trying to shake the car.

Forum User
    had the exact same problem, sloppy handling, loose into the corners, and clunikng. mine turned out to be very worn tie rods.

Loose camber bolts, struts (pistons / rod) play, then all the joints etc.