Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Forum User
    It's not accident repaired as far as I know, I'll obviously check that before handing my hard earned cash over.

Forum User
    As a note I think it's going to cost me about 10k to buy this car, really really want it and it is extremely clean and original but 10k seems a bit steep. having said that will i ever find another one like this? are there many low low mileage original williams about?

Forum User
    10k is a lot. They were around 14 new. Id go in at 7 and see how you get on. It does depend if its going to be driven or kept locked up and trailored to shows. If you want to drive one buy a cheaper one, but i dont think youll find another one with that mileage. Its a once in a lifetime chance. All depends if you can afford to have a fair amount of cash tied up in it. I would given the chance.

Forum User
    Thanks diditno,
    I bought one new many years ago and had to sell it as I couldn't afford to run it at the time, so I've always promised myself I'd have one again and this has come up. My intention is to keep it locked away and maybe trailered to shows, I have the money sat here burning a hole in my pocket to be honest. so I'm thinking that If I want it I'll just have to pay the premium.

Thanks for your replies, they have been most helpful,

Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by willant
    As a note I think it's going to cost me about 10k to buy this car, really really want it and it is extremely clean and original but 10k seems a bit steep. having said that will i ever find another one like this? are there many low low mileage original williams about?
    To my way of thinking there is nothing wrong with paying 10k BUT you really are into top quality territory.... my only other reservation at that price would be that it isn't a Williams (1)..... but that's just me.

Regarards Ian

I take it this is the one for sale by obieman.... who has been conjectured to be Monsieur Barrington

Forum User
    yes it is, do you know the car?

Quote Originally Posted by willant
    yes it is, do you know the car?
    No sorry Willant, I don't know the car. Is it Rob Barringtons?

If it is, somebody else on here might know a bit about it.

Regards Ian

Quote Originally Posted by ianbirch
    There was a Williams 3 floating around that was on low mileage but had been extensivley accident repaired, it's not that one is it?

If it isn't that one and it is on original paint with NO rust and in overall immaculate condition and I wanted a willy 3 I would pay up to 7K for it.

Regards Ian
    Think that one was on an R reg.

IMO It's not worth 10k, it's a Williams 3 not a 1. The non standard parts are off putting too.

£7k tops.