Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    That backbox doesn't look like a performance one. Just the mid section

it looks stainless and none standard to me, just not off the shelf stainless either. bores to big and theres a kind of flared/rolled look to the tip, none standard looking anyway :D

yes your right Ben. Also I can see 'outlet' on the backbox.

Do you have an original system to fit Ant???

Looked at my pictures again Ant and I have the car down on 13095 miles in 2004.

Performance filter, same exhaust and same short reg plate!!!

Willant,
    I'd go to a renault dealership and have then fit the original exhaust. The airbox you have available to fit back on anyhow. You will need a ramp to get at the under-body properly.
    Most importantly the tyres are WAYYYY too old to be driving around on. Get them replaced or get a spare set of alloys with fresh tyres to use everyday.
    TBH trying to make this into a concours car and you will be wasting your time energy and money, especially since you paid over the odds for it. Remember, inexperience can do more harm than good so dont go hacking at it. These yokes are made from cheese and many parts are becoming unavailable, new.

With that said, I would rename this thread " I bought a Williams and the kids are gonna love it".

personally i'd give it death, preferably on a nice salty road on the south coast by the sea through winter.........…

then they may be a project for the following year, you know, stick the arches back on etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by fabulicious
    TBH trying to make this into a concours car and you will be wasting your time energy and money, [B]especially since you paid over the odds for it.[B]
    I disagree, if you have restored one from the ground up to near concourse condition then to a real enthusiast it's well worth the money.

Don't change the tyres either Ant! There isn't many of these cars still on the original rubber!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TooSkive
    I disagree, if you have restored one from the ground up to near concourse condition then to a real enthusiast it's well worth the money.
    How many people do you know on this site have "restored a williams to concours condition" from the ground up? I can name 1 in 8 years.

And whats this rubbish about a "real enthusiast"? A real enthusiast would buy the best he can get for the right money and do the restoration himself rather than going out and buying one almost done.

This guy here is already in for 8 to 10 grand. He will need to spend another 2 grand on tyres, exhaust and other bits just to get the car back to original spec.
    If he goes into concours mode he will need to strip that car down and repaint almost all the parts even if they have a spec of rust on them. Add another 4 grand to get a pro to do that and he's in for 13/14 grand.
    Now you tell me where in the UK will you find someone thats gonna pay 15 grand for a Williams 3? You are better off restoring a shed than this one.

Some people on this site are really deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by northy
    Don't change the tyres either Ant! There isn't many of these cars still on the original rubber!!!!
    That wholly depends on the condition of the alloys. If they need a refurb "for his concours project" then it makes no odds if he takes the tyres off or not.