Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Forum User
    Fabulicious, I can feel a great freindship comin on

I'll let you know how I get on.

Forum User
    Have you any pictures of the car in question?, i know there some debate on here about williams 1 are Real, the rest are fake, blah blah, but in your situation, i would buy the very best example i could find, wether it be a 1 2 or 3. On the money side again, id say pay what your comfortable with. Good luck with the purchase.

wheres the custard the the cheesy mugshot of yourself with a laptop open on this thread on this forum on the bonnet of the lambo..............

Quote Originally Posted by willant
    I've got to be honest and say that I think this is possibly the best forum I've ever been on! Sad but can't stop thinking about it!

Lastly, i should know by the end of today whether I've bought it so I'll post some pics if I can do a deal.

excited,

Anthony.
    Come on mister

Yes Willant..... what Northy said

In the last two months I have bought a Porsche Cayenne as my daily driver and a Lamborghini gallardo
    Mate. Although you do sound like a decent bloke. I can't take this seriously after reading that. As everyone says its worth to you whatever you want to pay for it. Clearly you want it, so why debate the price if you clearly have the money. Yeh, statistically 10k is far too much for a williams in any condition based on the current climate and i personally can't understand why you would pay so much to own a 3. However if you are as genuine as you seem then i wish you well in owning the car.

And yeh im pretty jealous, your obviously a very lucky guy

Forum User
    I really wish I hadn't put on here what cars I've recently bought now, just to be clear I was trying to make the point that the cars were rare and I needed help and advice on buying them.

I am very lucky to be in a position to have these things, although without wanting to start a huge debate, I havn't been on holiday for 7 years and havn't had more than one day a week off in the last three years and average 70 hours a week, and I am quite sad in that I don't drink or go out so cars are my hobby really.

Anyway, went to see the car yesterday and I have bought it, I can't tell you how happy I am with this car it is absolutely fantastic and a real credit to it's current owner. I've left him a substantial deposit and will collect it next week.

The plan then is to put all the original parts back on and then start from the bottom up to get it to concours standard.

I'll post some pics as soon as I get it, but will probably start a new thread.

Many thanks, for all your advice it really has been a huge help, although yes I do have the money to spend, that doesn't mean I'll just throw it away. With the advice you have all given me I have been able to go into this with my eyes wide open.

Many thanks,

Anthony.

Forum User
    Coops.
    Lol!! I'll take that pic for you over the weekend.

First congrats and stop worrying about the thread. Sometimes you make your best friends when you agro a little

The plan then is to put all the original parts back on and then start from the bottom up to get it to concours standard.
    This is when you are really gonna need our help.

All the best.

Congrats - looking forward to all the pics.