Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fabulicious
    Quote Originally Posted by TooSkive
    I disagree, if you have restored one from the ground up to near concourse condition then to a real enthusiast it's well worth the money.
    How many people do you know on this site have "restored a williams to concours condition" from the ground up? I can name 1 in 8 years.

And whats this rubbish about a "real enthusiast"? A real enthusiast would buy the best he can get for the right money and do the restoration himself rather than going out and buying one almost done.
    I've owned Williams for 10 years and I'm talking from experience, not my soapbox.

A real enthusiast will get the best car they can period or spend the money making it so. To me 10k is not overpriced

That's all well and good fab, but Willant has gone out to find the best Williams he can so he doesn't need to do a ground up restoration. 10k isnt all that much for a car on little more than delivery mileage!!!!

I very much doubt if the car had been 14k - he would of still bought it!!!

Talkingfish - he did his car in stages. A rolling restoration. I bet he wouldn't of bothered if he had if found a minter - and work ongetting that to high standard. Hey it would of been a lot cheaper than 10k!!!

The car of Ants is a cracker. Very rare to find one now that's done so little mileage and been so well looked after. I would guess that's the 3rd lowest mileage car I've seen on this forum! And defiantly the lowest 3!

0001, 0014, Ants, 0002 etc! All great well loved cars that I would love in my garage!

Quote Originally Posted by fabulicious
    Quote Originally Posted by northy
    Don't change the tyres either Ant! There isn't many of these cars still on the original rubber!!!!
    That wholly depends on the condition of the alloys. If they need a refurb "for his concours project" then it makes no odds if he takes the tyres off or not.
    I have changed my views on alloys and I am now with Matbrown! No paint is very very important on wheels. I've never seen a Refubished set come close to the originals!!!

The amount of work an individual does to a car does not equate to being an enthusiast.

You could do nothing, or all of the work on a car. The fact the work is done relates more to a persons enthusiasm for it, than the condition it was bought in, or the money that has been spent.

Forum User
    Ant, what a fantastic car you have there - hopefully get to see it in the flesh one day! And to be honest, from the pictures it doesn't seem at all 'over-priced'. I don't think for a second it'll ever be worth less than what you paid for it, of course if the condition stays the same...

Charlie.

Forum User
    It's ace on here!!!

I'm really not sure which way to go with it to be honest, I really really like the fact that it is so original and at the moment I feel it would be a shame to do anything other than clean it, However that does leave me with a problem of a project, maybe another one that needs a complete restoration?

With regards to the price, If I'd have bought this car in this condition/mileage, say 18months old I probably would have paid this for it? So the only other facter is the age? and i'm thinking that the older it gets the more the price will go up? Like i say I'm just absolutely made up with it and am not planning on selling it ever!!!

If the weather ever pics up I'm hoping to take it (him/her) to some shows this year so if any of you are going to any pleeeease let me know.

Ant.

P.S. I've not decided if the williams is a he or a she at the moment, although it feels like a he.

Forum User
    Looking at the pics, I would say there is honestly not a lot of work needed to get it to concours standard. A good detail for starters will work wonders...

Williant - search 0425 on here and you'll see how I progressed with my car - In the end I spent over £10k including the cost of the car.... In the end it sold for £6k so there you go, you pays your money, you takes your choice!

Quote Originally Posted by TooSkive
    I've owned Williams for 10 years and I'm talking from experience, not my soapbox.
    And this coming from a former admin of this site who fooked off deleting all his posts in the process? And caused the club forum to descend into a cesspit of some personal vendetta he had against a member? Yeah you got off your soap box alright and came back in to stir some more shite.

Northy, I cannot believe you can be so naive to judge this car on the mileage..especially a 3. Ask him to take photo's of the subframe, the engine block, the sills and take off the rear passenger cards to look inside the arch's?What are you going to see then? The mileage means fookall. In fact it makes it even more undesirable in my eyes as it has no character or charm to it. Also there is no guarantee he wont have problems with it. You have completely missed the point I attempted to get across to willant and that is, dont spend anymore on the car than is necessary at this time. It simply is not worth it. Drive it and enjoy and not on 20 year old tyres.

Why dont you show everyone on here who has paid for a "club" some courtesy and respect and fix the website instead of playing childish games with Jon?

Anthony, I have tried to be as constructive as possible for you to come and join this community and give you advise based on my own years of experience maintaining a Williams and from what I have witnessed on this site. The best classic's are the ones untouched IMO especially if they have been well maintained anyhow. Nobody on here is qualified or experienced enough to talk about concours projects except Talkingfish and Coops who helped him out.

As far as I am concerned and this is meant with no dis-respect to owners of Williams 3's, but as far as I am aware and I have documented proof in front of me the only Williams that have a homologation extension from the original valver are the 1,2 and the Maxi. Therefore in my eyes the 3 was not and is not built for rallying and can never be classed as a classic rally car. It never even sold 1 unit in some european countries. And why is that?
    Maybe in 10 years or 20 when there are fewer around or some sucker who believes they are something special, they will pay 10 grand for one but otherwise no thank you in my garage.

It's a goodnight from me and good luck.

Well fella I'm please for you!!

Its a stunning car with stunning mileage. Its far from 'delivery miles'

Well done you!

Get yourself a Williams 1 as well!! They look good parked next to each other in the garage.

:D

I think your reading too much into this fab. I judge the car on the pictures I have seen and that's it. Low mileage - Original wheels and tyres = in my eyes it's been very well cared for! And it shows in the pictures. I would love to see some more pictures. I like pictures!!!

He needs spend nothing. I agree there but it was you who said new tyres are needed ASAP! Yes but that takes away from the originality of this car. If it was a sierra cosworth still on the original factory now obsolete Dunlop tyres it would add thousands to the selling price!!!!!!!

My only comment in reply - again a big statement made here! There are more on this forum than just Talkingfish and coops who has rebuilt / restored / welded / spannered / modified willliamsclio's!