Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Forum User
    I really don't care whether it was made for rallying or not to be honest, I just know that I love it and It feels very special to me. I've got to be honest and say that if I'd had the choice of getting a 1 I'd have got that, however, I'm not planning on selling it soon so hopefully won't need a another sucker like me to come along

I do agree with you fabulicious when you say keep it as it is, I think it needs to stay as it is. and to be honest there's not a lot to gain as it's so clean anyway. I'll take pics of the rear arches etc for you.

Ant.

Fab, I'm not stirring anything up here, merely giving my opinion which obviously differs from yours.

Ant, if I were you I would listen to Northy, Mat Brown and Ian Birch, what these chaps don't know isnt woth knowing.

An interesting read. Some good pics there Ant.

Some good comments too.

As already said though, the reason these cars have the reputation they have is because of how they drive, NOT how they look. As let's be honest, they aren't the best looking of cars are they?
    BUT, they are 1 of the best DRIVERS cars out there and to say they still get rave reviews on how they DRIVE, even when compared to modern day machinery, that's some credit for a car nearing 20 years old.

I'm with Fab on this 1. Just throw some new tyres, New Camelot on it and enjoy its reason for being built. Drive the bloody thing. Out of the Williams and lambo, I know which 1 I'd be looking at admiring in the garage, and which 1 I'd be taking over the b roads for an enthusiastic drive.

I really can't understand people, supposedly enthusiasts, who spend a fortune on them just to look at them lol. As fab says, a car the kids will enjoy...... If you have them.

Good luck with your purchase mate. But drive it please.

Should say Cambelt, not Camelot. Damn predictive text. And welcome to the club. Or what's left of it. Hopefully soon it will be run by a true enthusiast.

Forum User
    Thanks for that, with regards to driving the car, I've got to say it really does still stand up agains't todays cars, still feels quick, engine feels smooth gearbox is amazing and I've got to say that the seats are still the comfiest I've ever sat in!!

I took the kids out yesterday and they loved it, which is really really funny as they have never been interested before :D and I really thought it would feel old and dated but it really doesn't, and as for the way the car looks, personally I love it. I always have, blue dials, williams stickers on the side and gold wheels............awsum.

Quote Originally Posted by fabulicious
    Quote Originally Posted by TooSkive
    I disagree, if you have restored one from the ground up to near concourse condition then to a real enthusiast it's well worth the money.
    How many people do you know on this site have "restored a williams to concours condition" from the ground up? I can name 1 in 8 years.

And whats this rubbish about a "real enthusiast"? A real enthusiast would buy the best he can get for the right money and do the restoration himself rather than going out and buying one almost done.

This guy here is already in for 8 to 10 grand. He will need to spend another 2 grand on tyres, exhaust and other bits just to get the car back to original spec.
    If he goes into concours mode he will need to strip that car down and repaint almost all the parts even if they have a spec of rust on them. Add another 4 grand to get a pro to do that and he's in for 13/14 grand.
    Now you tell me where in the UK will you find someone thats gonna pay 15 grand for a Williams 3? You are better off restoring a shed than this one.

Some people on this site are really deluded.

Just lol.

To the OP - that is a VERY nice car! even I'd be tempted into that and I swore I'd never go back!

Lots of jealous little ****tards on this thread. 'Ruining this web site since 2004.'

What an absolutely superb car. Worth every penny. If i ever see another 1 on this low mileage for this price, i have the money waiting and wouldn't hesitate.

That does look mint. Congrats on your purchase. As others have said, it is all about how nice they are to drive though!

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus
    If i ever see another 1 on this low mileage for this price, i have the money waiting and wouldn't hesitate.
    If I read the threads on here correctly, wasn't it you who sold it?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by stevie_b
    That does look mint. Congrats on your purchase. As others have said, it is all about how nice they are to drive though!

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus
    If i ever see another 1 on this low mileage for this price, i have the money waiting and wouldn't hesitate.
    If I read the threads on here correctly, wasn't it you who sold it?!?!?
    Well the original seller was Obieman.... whoever he is

Forum User
    ultimately you wanted one as you had to give yours up back in the day. i, in your postion would purchase the very best one i could find and afford. hats off to you. enjoy it.