Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What car next?

I've always had a soft spot for BMW's though, lowered with BBS alloys.

Might just get an old M3 and play with it/pimp it up.

think am gonna rock an ST TDCi on about a 06 plate, thats the plan! mates got an ifor as well i can borrow when i need it, tow the clio about

Forum User
    I've got a Titanium X Mondeo on an 05 plate which has the same 2.2 TDCi engine in as the ST TDCI. Brilliant car. I've covered nearly 90,000 miles in it, does 53MPG on average and has been really reliable. The torque is great, it has 155PS as standard but I'm going to get mine remapped in the future to ~190PS. However I did have to get a new set of injectors this year which set me back about £800 - ouch!
    When I change, then I'll get a BMW 335d because I want immense diesel power and, now that I'm an old man, I fancy an auto too :D

If I was buying another plaything then I'd be getting a 5 GT Turbo or even a Fiat Coupe 20V turbo

Before all those though I want to get a Willy 3 (rust and all )

i've heard nowt but goodness about that engine thus far, they seem to grow legs at about 100k as well, so all coming into season now

i have my eye on a couple, ones other side of derby from me and its blufinned to about 200bhp and muchos torque

Quote Originally Posted by Wobba
    Looking at RS6 as well. 540bhp V8Twin tubby sounds fun, and I can ferry gran about in it np along with her walking aids etc.
    I was pondering these for a while but found that you can't tow with them, which for me was enough to knock it off the list and I got the M5 instead. If you have longer-term plans to tow the Willy to tracks, etc. then you might need to take that into consideration, otherwise the Avant will cover pretty much anything you could ever need in a car!

I am swaying toward the M5 E39. Sadly, I think the Lotus is a no go with recent happenings, as I need to be able to get my old granny in the car and get her from A to B. I can do this with the Clio for now but I think I will be putting the Clio through some extreme changes soon, which will make it rather inhospitable.

The tow car factor may come in to play as well!

If I come to Snetterton I might take you up on that offer Stevie :D Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by stevie_b View Post
    Ah, if we are doing dyno plots, Stock M5:

Makes a good tow car too, with 360+ lbs/ft torque Chances are it will be towing something to the club track day at Snett if you fancy test driving one? Otherwise pop up sometime if you are thinking of getting one and you can take it for a spin and I can give you some info on what to look for in a good one. If neighbours are a problem then they are only noisy if you do a muffler delete, otherwise it will be much quieter than your Williams at idle I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobba View Post
    I am swaying toward the M5 E39.
    Just got back from a trip around Europe. 6 hour+ stints at the wheel with no real fatigue - felt like I could carry on driving all day if I had to. 1500+ miles in a week. Umpteen laps of the 'Ring and hitting 160mph on the Autobahns. Great, great cars. Get one before all the good ones fall into the hands of collectors - the rougher ones are cheap but costly to put right.

Forum User
    Buy my 850 T5 and fix it up for the MOT. I've replaced it so it's got to go now

I didn't know you had a T5 Dan?

Stevie dude....that is fantastic.

I NEED this sound in my life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_uEnE1IRTI

:p

Forum User
    Do it!