Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What car next?

Quote Originally Posted by Wobba View Post
    Looks awesome mate. I think it faster n clio?
    I'm not sure, I've yet to run the data logger on it so can only rely on lap times and 'seat of the pants' feel. It's way faster than a standard Clio of course, but something like yours I am not so sure. It is at its most impressive at higher speeds - it still pulls like a train at 100+! The suspension is very good at dealing with whatever comes its way and its not so low that you have to worry about it grounding out like I have on the 'Ring in other cars. It was carrying 140+ up to the crest at Schwedenkreuz, similar down the Foxhole and faster than I have ever been before on the drag up to Kesselchen. It felt completely stable at those speeds and inspires confidence whereas I found in the GT3 up Kesselchen it started to feel nervous and I ended up backing off for safety when the car had more to give (ran out of bottle - I'm sure the car could do it!)

Quote Originally Posted by stevie_b View Post
    I'm not sure, I've yet to run the data logger on it so can only rely on lap times and 'seat of the pants' feel. It's way faster than a standard Clio of course, but something like yours I am not so sure. It is at its most impressive at higher speeds - it still pulls like a train at 100+! The suspension is very good at dealing with whatever comes its way and its not so low that you have to worry about it grounding out like I have on the 'Ring in other cars. It was carrying 140+ up to the crest at Schwedenkreuz, similar down the Foxhole and faster than I have ever been before on the drag up to Kesselchen. It felt completely stable at those speeds and inspires confidence whereas I found in the GT3 up Kesselchen it started to feel nervous and I ended up backing off for safety when the car had more to give (ran out of bottle - I'm sure the car could do it!)
    Yea, I see the bhp/ton is about the same as my Williams currently. I have researched modding the M5 and it is a far costlier process than the Willy, however I wouldn't want to go mad with the M5 anyway as it would be a shame to rip such a nice car to bits really. I am looking at buying one in the next month or two. I would love to see one properly first. All the people I have chatted too say it is the best all round car they have ever owned and bloody quick! I would probably only free up the V8 noise and maaaaaybe play with suspension a tad, but that's it. I'd use it for the comfy days out and moving gran about, and go balls out track car with the Williams.

After two or three years I would look at maybe going a bit more mad and putting it in the stable with the Clio and getting something more 'sensible' again hehe.

I like the Carbon Black tbh:

Last edited by Wobba; 31-08-2012 at 20:33.

Guy Ritchie's old carbon black one is up for sale on Pistonheads at the moment. That one looks a beaut - low mileage and a mega spec list. There aren't too many options you need on this car, but that one really looks like it has got the lot! Split fold seats do come in handy if you are using it for everyday use, but they are pretty rare on M5s, so if you think you need them check that the car has them fitted as they were not standard.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie_b View Post
    Guy Ritchie's old carbon black one is up for sale on Pistonheads at the moment. That one looks a beaut - low mileage and a mega spec list. There aren't too many options you need on this car, but that one really looks like it has got the lot! Split fold seats do come in handy if you are using it for everyday use, but they are pretty rare on M5s, so if you think you need them check that the car has them fitted as they were not standard.
    Yea, I saw that one, looks really nice.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dash View Post
    I've got a Titanium X Mondeo on an 05 plate which has the same 2.2 TDCi engine in as the ST TDCI. Brilliant car. I've covered nearly 90,000 miles in it, does 53MPG on average and has been really reliable. The torque is great, it has 155PS as standard but I'm going to get mine remapped in the future to ~190PS. However I did have to get a new set of injectors this year which set me back about £800 - ouch!
    When I change, then I'll get a BMW 335d because I want immense diesel power and, now that I'm an old man, I fancy an auto too :D

If I was buying another plaything then I'd be getting a 5 GT Turbo or even a Fiat Coupe 20V turbo

Before all those though I want to get a Willy 3 (rust and all )
    I had the Titanium X as well - 06 model with the same body kit as the facelift ST's.

Didn't do much to it - just decatted and a tuning box but agree it was fairly quick.

I traded it in and ended up with a Corsa before getting a 2.0 TDCI 130 - i did plenty to that though - decatted, tuning boxed, airtec IC, forge hoses and lowered on 55mm springs.

I loved the 2.2 but if anything i found the 2.0 better - as quick once modded but since it was a "base spec" zetec it was a bit of a sleeper, especially on 16s.

Shit brakes on all models though!!!

I remember stamping on the anchors at 140ish and not much happening so if you want a Mondeo budget for Focus ST calipers or prepare to die.

I'm now driving about in a mk6 Fiesta Zetec S btw - 100bhp is what you all need...honest!!

I just read an old review from EVO mag about best car for 20k in 2005. M5 E39 won, vs some really nice cars.

Justin has a e39 in white. He says no to the carbon black ones, but I like the deep blue hidden in them. Le Mans Blue is good too. I would be tempted to be utterly pimp/gangsta though and stick split rims on in gold and silver hehe and lower it too :p

I am chatting to some guys over on M5board about headwork and high compression and cams etc. Tbh though I reckon it will cost a joke amount, probably be cheaper to get a WRX and mod it.

I will be changing or chopping up the OEM exhaust though, standard is too quiet and I have decided I want to annoy some of the neighbours now.

noes?

Nope steering wheel is on the wrong side

Quote Originally Posted by 16v_paddy View Post
    Nope steering wheel is on the wrong side
    Hush you, Vauxhall traitor!

I am still waiting for certain stars to align in the sky before I proceed with any purchases, not long now though! The M5 E39 is still at the top but I am getting the itch to tinker again, been looking at 197's as they are dropping in price. The criticism they had was for the delivery of power, which to me is irrelevant as I would look to turbo or S/C a 197 anyway...I am starting to consider buying a high mile 197 and having the engine rebuilt with low comp forged gear and Supercharging it...but I am concerned another high modded car will just be more of the same FWD stuff. So, what next? Considering R33 GTR's too.

Not going to spend as much as 20k now...too many bargains at the 10k and lower mark and I might buy another house as well so it be daft to go too mad on 911 turbo's. Everyone at work has them already anyway :(

This one has just come up for sale and looks pretty good for the money:

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/c...leather/939764

I have seen some of KDS's work and it is always good so it should look pretty much stunning in the flesh.