Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What car next?

I'm saying supercharged Monaro, big fcuk off lairy V8 & RWD what more could you possibly want :P

I agree with paddy lah, I think a beemer would be too reserved for the Wobbanory monster

Thanks for all the replies guys. I may pick your brains further Russ, when the time draws nearer.

I had forgotten about the M3 tbh. I love the old shape, and they are a bargain.

Big ballsy V8's are tempting heh! Trouble is I get enough shit off my neighbours about the noise from the ITB Clio haha. A V8 would give em a heart attack :D

Mr Sideways, the K20/K24 route looks like a nice route to take eventually, so I may give you a call about it

I would not go mental at first, but I would be looking to refresh any wayward suspension parts straight away. I would do the work myself. How are the Nitron coilover kits? I LOVE the looks of the lowered Elises :D

Forum User
    nitrons are good, they are the normal route for upgrades, but come in many different specs, contact Randy at Hoffmans mate, he really knows his stuff - in fact a mates Elise is there now having a suspension refresh.

Don't go too low though, as the wheels can catch on the front of the arches, especially if you take the normal uprated route of slightly wider tyres - S1's should have 185/55/15 front and 205/55/16 back, the normal uprade is 195/50/15 front and 225/50/16 at the back (Which is what the Lotus spec Yoko Advans come in, iv had them and they are fantastic - loats of grip, very progressive, and lots of comuunication.)

I would look at the practical option if the Williams is currently your day to day car.

Quote Originally Posted by 16v_russ
    should have 185/55/15 front and 205/55/16 back, the normal uprade is 195/50/15 front and 225/50/16 at the back (Which is what the Lotus spec Yoko Advans come in, iv had them and they are fantastic - loats of grip, very progressive, and lots of comuunication.)
    Oh FFS! Not this old argument on here again

Forum User
    Flol!

Forum User
    Yes the e36 m3 is worth a look also. I picked up an absolute mint local one owner with 83k on year before last for £2000 from a car auction, was sold on to a bloke in holland for a handsome profit after id had a bit of fun in it Was very fast but i found the amount of replica e36 m3's around a bit annoying. The daddy is the e30 M3 if your pockets are deep but imo you would have to be realy passionate about them to pay the asking prices...Ive always fancied an R32 GT-R / R34 GT-R should imagine they are also worth a look. Or you could go balls out oldskool and get a lotus carlton

Forum User
    200 sx for me mate little money will get 300 bhp and loads of controlable sideways fun. Very cheap to tune and loads of bits out there very reliable aswell but not to everyones taste .

£100 precat and then a £300 remap...