Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust

Forum User
    Thanks guys, food for thought... Will probably end up with a custom of some sort.

Charlie.

Forum User
    i wouldnt recommend a standard centre section with magnex backbox atall tbh. Ive got that setup and its very very loud indeed!! Its louder than the full scorpion exhaust i took off by a lot.

If you want a quiter exhaust id have to recommend a scorpion setup as ive had 5 of them on different cars and they are always easy to live with but tail pipe design might not be to your desires, other than that get one made up at powerflow etc.

Forum User
    [quote="p4cks"]a decat, exhaust and/or a remap would do very little on a naturally aspirated car I'm afraid to say.[quote]

Id disagree with that one. With all the above fitted it realy wakes these cars up from standard and should get you an exta 10bhp at the least presuming your engine is a good un

Ive only got a remap, full exhaust and green panel and mine makes 162bhp.

A remap with a slightly raised limiter (75000rpm)can make these cars hit over 60 in 2nd gear knocking a good second of the stock 0-60 (if not more), mine does it in 6.1 seconds for example...

Forum User
    * sorry its got a silenced decat fitted also....

Forum User
    Thanks for that Will, I'll bear that in mind - more reason to go for a custom!

Probably sounds strange but wtf is the difference between a performance off the shelf exhaust and a custom made jobby?
    Other than the components built inside them and the acoustics, they both are likely to be stainless, and more or less will fit.
    why pay double?

I've got a decat and Scorpion on mine as of today. Tomorrow I'll fit the Mongoose system I bought off a chap on here (Frank) today. Both systems are fairly new, but the Mongoose is less than a year old and I'm a sucker for buying anything for the car that's newer than something I've already got on it. I'll do a recording of both and post them up tomorrow if that helps!

PS The Scorpion Centre back will go up for sale on here next week. It is minty and I'm open to offers!

if i'm honest, on standard lumps, the quickest one i had was williams 0199 on totally stock exhuast including cat. i found the powerflow and decat on it killed the low down torque and restircted the midrange so it felt slower. it helped up top in the high revs but as it was standard limiter it was useless really compared to the loss i found low down so i went back to standard and it pepped the car up alot.

the main advantage imo for a stainless on a standard lump is the fact its stainless.....so it'll last forever. thats its. other than that its droney and useless.

but thats just my opinion

Forum User
    MG, that'd be top - what's the tip of the scorpion like? I have a feeling it's pretty big, which wouldn't suit me, but not 100% sure..

How easy are tips to change? Anyone done it before?

if you can weld, easy, just hack old one off and weld new one on of your choice