Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Forum User

champion f136 oil filters

hello peeps. im trying to source a few of these, just to top up my own stock, and halfrauds have stopped stocking them as the are phasing in there own ones. anyone know of any suppliers that stock them? any details would be appreciated.

any particular reason why? are they better or something? I've always used cheap as chips fram jobs and been fine

Forum User
    They give better oil pressure as they're the closest spec to the OEM ones which were specific to the F7R engine. That was before Renault changed the spec to a generic filter used across the range which gave a lesser oil pressure.

Or so I believe??? I've got one on mine anyway

furry muff, I just buy whatever I can find when I need one,rofl!

Forum User
    ^ as above really.

Champion F136 oil filter is the recommended for Williams. Formely I used Mann filter, but that caused lesser oil pressure. I'm going to change the oil next weekend (Mobil-1 Rally Formula 5w50), but unfortunately I could not buy F136, so I've bought a Purflux oil filter (LS21. Hopefully it will work properly. Although it looks as low as the Mann (it's 50 mm high only). I also have to change the oil pressure sender (that sits above the oil pump auxiliary shaft), it hasn't worked since last autumn Any idea how could I change it easily?

yanoo, with purflux(it's the original renault) you will have the same problem, low pressure too

Thanks for the info! It seems oil change will be delayed until I can get the proper oil filter :(

Damn edit button:

the matter: I asked a Renault mechanic about it today. I was told that formerly an another type of Purflux filter was used in F7R engines (as it has already mentioned in this topic). That was taller (and perhaps that gave higher oil pressure but the guy cannot confirm it).

Forum User
    Bump. I cant get these anywhere locally, anyone know of any company or anyone who has a stash somewhere. Any info greatly appreciated.