Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Lads all I did was a straight swap. did not change oil nothing. just whipped out the OE one and put the champion in. started the car and all appeared fine (this was last week). Did not touch anything else.

Yesterday decided to go for a drive and the gauge was up and down like a yoyo after the engine got to temp, especially on deceleration.
    I have never seen my gauge go under 1 bar. NEVER. I get 6 on start, and 4 when idling when warm..and it always stayed there. It only goes to 3 when on a very long motorway run when the oil gets really hot.

Went to renault in the afternoon.Got an OE one back in there..drove the car last night and everything appears normal again.
    So I'm not sure. Possibly a faulty one but I really am not sure about it.

Quote Originally Posted by fabulicious
    Lads all I did was a straight swap. did not change oil nothing. just whipped out the OE one and put the champion in. started the car and all appeared fine (this was last week). Did not touch anything else.

Yesterday decided to go for a drive and the gauge was up and down like a yoyo after the engine got to temp, especially on deceleration.
    I have never seen my gauge go under 1 bar. NEVER. I get 6 on start, and 4 when idling when warm..and it always stayed there. It only goes to 3 when on a very long motorway run when the oil gets really hot.

Went to renault in the afternoon.Got an OE one back in there..drove the car last night and everything appears normal again.
    So I'm not sure. Possibly a faulty one but I really am not sure about it.
    If you were getting such good figures with the oe filters why did you swap to a champion? You already had 3 bar more than book figure on warm idle.

Quote Originally Posted by MatBrown
    If you were getting such good figures with the oe filters why did you swap to a champion? You already had 3 bar more than book figure on warm idle.
    It was due an oil change.

Today i have changed the original purflux filter to a champion one.

Now i have at idle almost 2 bars and almost 5 when i go for a heavy ride

So, i'm very happy with this changing, it's approved for me

Forum User
    My filters have arrived, many thanks mate!

Not fitted yet, but having some sus gauge readings, so will be checking the oil pressure with a gauge next week and will chuck one on and see how we go

Just fitted one today and definitley get better pressure at all times... just under 2 bar at tickover on start up.
    Tight squeeze between the subframe though as it is a bit taller than the Renault filter.

Cheers Ian

Any idea where i can get one.I need an oversea post :/

Forum User
    me too been searching for ages in spain! does anyone know on ebay or somewhere? by the way which filter is it you all use? i have two references for the f136 /144
    and the f136/606 ????!!! cheers

I bought six F136 filters in December (one for me, 5 for my friends), it's still available in Hungary.

Group buy yanoo?