Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Forum User
    Its still pretty damn pricy for a 2 isn't it???

Forum User
    i agree if it was a 3 would prob be worth it but a 2 would need to be mint

Do parkers distinguish between the phases?

Forum User
    That one isnt 4k's worth....the rust on the arch would bug me at that money and the general tatty look of it. If you are looking to spend that money you can do better i think :D

Forum User
    agreed, too tatty for £4000, neds to be friggin mint for that money including the engine bay

Forum User
    also wrong rear wiper and i can see red paint on the rear brakes to nit pick at it. Drivers seat also looks like its seen a lot of arse

Forum User
    too right mate its priced exactly double what its worth imo. I walked away from one which was in the same condition as that when i bought mine and it was only up for £1500 with 6k more miles than this one....i wouldnt even waste my time looking at it

One common mis-conception with car owners is we always seem to think that our cars are worth more than they actually are.
    The "market" price of a Williams can be found in dealer hand books or valuations such as parkers. They can also be found on inland revenue sites where import duty is to be paid on a vehicle.
    AFAIK, any of these 3 sources do not differenciate in the market value of a Williams 1,2 or 3.
    The only people that "think" a Williams 1 or 3 or 2 have different market values are so called enthusiasts.
    Any one of the phases may be more desirable "in your opinion" than the other, but the facts remain that in todays market they all have equal value.
    So lets not jump ahead of ourselves and think for one minute a phase 1 or 3 is worth more than a phase 2 because it aint.
    The truth of the matter is, for a true enthusiast the best you can hope for today is finding a "Williams" that has the least amount of rust on it with a strong engine and gearbox. The rest is child's play.

Don't like that - something not right with it.

Had a boot at some point for a start....

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by fabulicious
    One common mis-conception with car owners is we always seem to think that our cars are worth more than they actually are.
    The "market" price of a Williams can be found in dealer hand books or valuations such as parkers. They can also be found on inland revenue sites where import duty is to be paid on a vehicle.
    AFAIK, any of these 3 sources do not differenciate in the market value of a Williams 1,2 or 3.
    The only people that "think" a Williams 1 or 3 or 2 have different market values are so called enthusiasts.
    Any one of the phases may be more desirable "in your opinion" than the other, but the facts remain that in todays market they all have equal value.
    So lets not jump ahead of ourselves and think for one minute a phase 1 or 3 is worth more than a phase 2 because it aint.
    The truth of the matter is, for a true enthusiast the best you can hope for today is finding a "Williams" that has the least amount of rust on it with a strong engine and gearbox. The rest is child's play.
    +1 Well said. A Williams is a Williams.

I didnt know that about using inland revenue sites as a valuation guide either, interesting stuff