Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mr science man, what are the minimum and maximum pressures allowed by the manufacturer's tolerances?

If I understand it correctly, excessive oil pressure may indicate a blocked filter, blocked oil gallery or the wrong grade of oil. Low oil pressure indicates worn bearings on the crank shaft or a broken oil pump.

Your tests were conducted on 1 engine and you find the result conclusive enough to splurt out that you know better than everyone else?
    Have you published your findings in any trade journal perhaps?

Another day off from the cuckoo house if you ask me.

In an ideal world, what should the pressure be, at idle, for a warm engine?

claireharrison
    Quote Originally Posted by andyleep
    In an ideal world, what should the pressure be, at idle, for a warm engine?
    On a mechanical gauge, 3.5 bar,. at 80 degrees oil temp, with 10w40 semi synthetic at 3k revs.

At idle, i cant remember. Not sure if renault gave an idle recommendation in the williams service book.

Bit pointless measuring it at idle though because you want to test the flow so you need to add revs.

claireharrison
    Quote Originally Posted by fabulicious
    Mr science man, what are the minimum and maximum pressures allowed by the manufacturer's tolerances?

If I understand it correctly, excessive oil pressure may indicate a blocked filter, blocked oil gallery or the wrong grade of oil. Low oil pressure indicates worn bearings on the crank shaft or a broken oil pump.

Your tests were conducted on 1 engine and you find the result conclusive enough to splurt out that you know better than everyone else?
    Have you published your findings in any trade journal perhaps?

Another day off from the cuckoo house if you ask me.
    Testing on a single engine is obviously the way to decrease all the variable you have just mentioned. The fact that you didnt realise this as you typed it out indicates to me that you know about as much about research methodology as a wasp.

Quote Originally Posted by claireharrison
    Testing on a single engine is obviously the way to decrease all the variable you have just mentioned. The fact that you didnt realise this as you typed it out indicates to me that you know about as much about research methodology as a wasp.
    This coming from a largely perceived sociopath and in my view thief.

What is obvious is that you failed, again.

1. You failed to indicate the manufacturer's tolerance levels for oil pressure.

2. Secondly, for your "research methodology" to hold any substance the test would of ideally had to be carried out on a work bench and identical fresh oil used on the change of each filter.

3. Thirdly, you seemed to have dis-regarded one major factor. The oil pump could of at any time have held debris in it such as bits of metal or sump gasket which in turn would have an impact on oil flow and therefore pressure.

What a dope

claireharrison
    Take it or leave it. If you are not interested, i really don't give a ****. Its your engine you choose.

assuming a ladies identity on here now??? another thread ruined and locked. :(
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215