Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Genuine oil filters

Ive read on here before about problems people have after fitting genuine oil filters?! I always use genuine, but was looking for input from people on their past experiences. What filter you use, why and any problems you have ever had with others

Ive got a Champion F136 fitted

Forum User
    I use the genuine enable ones rather than pattern parts. They seem to be narrower and therefore easier to fit as they give you a little more access.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman
    Ive got a Champion F136 fitted
    Same here, I thought the genuine filters had been discontinued & replaced with bigger ones & the champion F136 is the closest to the original item

the core on the new genuine item is incorrect, champion F136 is correct (available in halfords)

Every one owes Stromba for that bit of information, he spent age's going through it all!

Why is the core incorrect?

Would like to know also what the deal is on the core. I go to Renault, give them a Vin and they give me an oil filter. Simple really.

What's wrong with the genuine filters? I always use MANN, Champion F136 or Purflux filters, these ones give higher oil pressure. AFAIK Purflux is the genuine filter.

Quote Originally Posted by fabulicious
    Would like to know also what the deal is on the core. I go to Renault, give them a Vin and they give me an oil filter. Simple really.
    Renault discontinued the original filter & replaced it with a different one

The Halfords ones are larger than OE which can make it a pain to fit as it is not easy to squeeze it past the subframe to get it where it needs to go! Except on the track car where I have loads of clearance so can go large! I have a Renault Purflux LS218 on the Williams, which is very low profile and easy to get in there. I also have a Champion F103 in the box in the workshop, which I can only imagine I bought for the Williams but above people are saying it should be the F136, so perhaps I got the wrong one (or I bought it for a different car and just stored it with the Willy stuff incorrectly)?