Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pissed off

Pissed off

Hi guyz.I went two days ago to a local renault dealer to change cam belt and alternator belt.When i left from there i was racing with an Evo 8 but my car was making strange noises.I parked it as i said that it was just in my mind.Before three hours ago i went for a ride but after 4 miles going with 2000 rpm, the engine made a big noise and turned off.Just like that.I brought it home with assistance and got off the top engine cover.What i saw made me freeze.A screw was running on the vernier pulleys and cam belt and completly DESTROY them.I am just PISSED OFF.
    Check these fotoz ...
    http://briefcase.pathfinder.gr/contents/dimkais/38557o

What do y think?
    Dimitris

Forum User
    Sorry to hear that mate and I hope they're going to take some responsibility!

Bloody renault mechanics

From now on whatever i do on my car,i'll do it myself so i have all the responsibility on my own
    I called them but they said that : tommorow we are going on vaccasions,we'll see from next week
    I think i'll cry
    Dimitris

So had they left a screw loose under the top engine cover? That is so f*ckin annoying, these are supposed to be trained mechanics!! Sorry to see that mate, I hope you sue the b*stards!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo
    So had they left a screw loose under the top engine cover? That is so f*ckin annoying, these are supposed to be trained mechanics!! Sorry to see that mate, I hope you sue the b*stards!
    Not under the cover but inside the cam belt
    They're supposed to be good, tho.
    Dimitris

doesnt look good mate

hopefully u wont have done much damage to the head/valves/pistons....had a near expensive call like this meself only the other week

i dont trust reno to do jack.........like u say...do it yourself and theres only 1 person to point the finger at if things go wrong.....unless its of a weird nature like mine was lol

I worry most for pistons(too much compression ratio,13,1:1) and valves The worst is that if any part of these are damaged,we don't have them in stock here so we need too much time to fix it.
    Dimitris

they better had ****in replace your engine! id be soo pissed off too! ****in tards, its amazing that something so important and so critical that is so simple is overlooked! shudnt be difficult to prove the liability of the garage in question, although when complaining i wud just get straight onto the H.O of the business and tell them u want ur engine rebuilt.....nobbers

There is no way rebuilting mey engine.Too expensive stuff to replace
    We 'll see by the end of next week what we will do.
    Dimitris

mine did pretty much the same thing....as in the engine just stopped..dead...no compression when tried to turn over.

mine was caused by the cam pulley bolt shearing inside the cam tho, so the inlet side of mine, cam was static and the pulley was jus spinning round on it....if i could get the bolt out of the cam, the only damage would be a cam pulley, 2 bent valves........but the bolt is about 1/2 way thru the threaded bit still stuck inside the cam, so i think its a write off really.

i got away pretty lightly.......hopefully u will have the same luck