Thread: petrol

petrol

hi all just wondering where people are getting their petrol from. I know tesco is cheaper but is it any good or am i best off paying a bit more and going for bp or something like that ???

cheers

Cheaper the better I'd of thought. The engine in a Willy is not highly strung enough to benefit from V Power or suchlike. Don't think you could even get super when they were made!!

**** it! just piss in the engine!!! i DO
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Forum User
    I find vpower makes a hugh difference...probaly because mines mapped to run on it To be fair though even when the williams was new 98 ron was recomended for use so it would make a slight difference.

the 172 runs dog rough on supermarket petrol so i tend to use BP or Shell standard RON

turbo runs on anything

Forum User
    Seen gains on dyno runs of upto 2-3 bhp on v-power on std cars not massive but it is also better for the engine as car is less likely to det. Turbo cars make more of a difference i.e wrx will not run full power on std fuel only 98 ron. Because the williams is older makes it more beneficial to run higher octane as the knock sensors are slower to react. Having said that for road use std is absolutely fine its just the higher the octane the more controlled the burn and thats only a good thing.

I think the proposed fuel strike meant a load of muppets bought V-power when the normal unleaded ran out and the usual useage pattern means no delivery for a while - I've never had a problem before but the few Shell garages I have been to over the past two weeks are all sold out of V-power!?!?

thankfully both mine run on standard no issues, its only the 172 that gets fussy at 95 ron and thats always the supermarket stuff, specifically sainsbury's. and even then its only one tank in 10, but just dont risk it as when it does run pants its really bad and i usally run dry and tank it up, i'm no longer a 18 year old top up king!