Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Manifolds

Banned
    You can argue all you like, fact is a SS after market supersprint is CHEAPER than the equivalent Renault equipement.

As this is very very unlikely the supersprint produces LESS power, it is in anyones opinion better value for money.

And any power you gain from fitting a valver manifold to a williams is probably lost throuth the extra weight of the larger manifold.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJesus
    give up Ben, no point argueing with the ignorant, plus the amount of cars Stromba has built to take on the SQM big boys means he knows best

FYI Mehdi has a supersprint manifold on the same day as the cast iron valver one, it made a huge difference in that the stainless supersprint one was crap all through the rev range and the valver one was better. no doubt people will have their own theories on this, but tried and tested on the same day and the difference was not only noticable... but massive. Mehdi even phoned Ben in a panick as to why the car had suddenly become dog slow...

Just because a valver or willy manifold may be £500 from Reno does not mean they cost that, anywhere else you can get a mint one for a fifth of the price, only an idiot would pay that. Anyway, where's the science in all this, where's 'YOUR' proof? What testing have 'YOU' done Stromba, or did you mate in the pub tell you this... sorry, I mean mate in the internet cafe... ;)
    I beleive the Devil manifold fitted to the group a rally cars would have been extensively dynoed by Renaultsport. I shall write a letter to see if i can obtain any information.

Renaultsport arnt in the business of just adding parts to cars without extensive testing.

I think you can be assured that as it was used in group a on the Williams, the devil manifold offers some an improvement (either power or drieability or strength). I personally dont think Ragnotti cared if it looked nice :P

not to mention the narrower bore where it mates up to the de-cat pipe.....well the diff on the valver downpipe i have and the std willy cat is about 1/2 inch in diameter.......not good

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NickFr
    The fact is many people have and will continue to make money producing performance enhancing products......whether they produce the claimed results or indeed are worth the money is always more digestable if you have first hand knowledge ie " had one fitted "

I do wish that when a discussion like this takes place that comments like you are talking " SHIT " are not used at all, its inflammatory and unintelligent. The fact is and the fact remains, we all have the choice as to whose opinion and or experience we believe.
    Nick. Ben said i was being silly so i replied that he was talking shit. Seems fair to me. Always counter attack with twice the force.

Forum User
    I thought we were on here to share knowledge not get involved in semantics and fighting talk. Please lets not let " Machisimo" become the order of the day.

If you are saying that you always counter attack with twice the force, then its you that is escalating the discussion into an arguement.

Try this......".Ben, I respect the fact that you don't agree with me and that you have considerably more experience than I, however I believe I am right for the following reasons"..........

Bingo, no confrontation, no need for force, NO ARGUMENT....simple really

Banned
    Ben i respect that you have an opinion, but call me silly again and ill rip you head off and replace your top 5 vertebrae with a set of awt cams and your heart with a gold pully.

Hows that?

Id like to discuss the 4-1 manifold i have found. Not argue whether a valver manifold is good value. I dont put rusty old things on my car or in my car, especially if they belong on a valver, not a Williams

Quote Originally Posted by NickFr
    I thought we were on here to share knowledge not get involved in semantics and fighting talk. Please lets not let " Machisimo" become the order of the day.

If you are saying that you always counter attack with twice the force, then its you that is escalating the discussion into an arguement.

Try this......".Ben, I respect the fact that you don't agree with me and that you have considerably more experience than I, however I believe I am right for the following reasons"..........

Bingo, no confrontation, no need for force, NO ARGUMENT....simple really
    I agree with you Nick, getting tiresome all the arguments.....yawn.

Banned
    LOL, so dont post in my thread. GO AWAY and post in NW christmas meal thread.

This post has degenerated because people have entered this thread simply to wind me up. If you dont have anything constructive to say on the ORIGINAL post, then you are off topic and should not be posting.

This thread is not about:

Stromba
    Valver manifolds
    Whether Monkey is tired of arguments

Its about a particular stainless steel 4-1 manifold i have located in France.

STAY ON TOPIC PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by King Stromba
    LOL, so dont post in my thread. GO AWAY and post in NW christmas meal thread
    Sorry forgot you were Admin on this site, I'll make a note next time to check with you before posting.

Banned
    Do you have anything constructive to post Monkey? Or just want an argument?