Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Manifolds

its the usual manufacturers claim of BHP increase.yet they dont specify where they take the reading from do they?

Banned
    Of course they improve performance. Why would rally cars run them if they just looked pretty? Renault Sport used a devil manifold 4-2-1 on its group a rally cars.

If ben r etc says they dont improve performance they needs to check the fitting instructions again.

The gains wont be big, but they will be there all the same.

i'm sorry Rob, but thats just silly talk.

Have you even held one yet?

I mean, look at the cylinder pairing.....and the teeny weeny 4" secondaries.

just because its there doesnt mean it makes power. If it did, i would say it did.......why would i not, i could sell it couldnt i?

I dont see a point because the F7P item is just as good as anything anybody has on the market for 'reasonable' prices at the moment. Ofcourse you can better it, but who wants to pay for a decent manifold?

Forum User
    ive said it before, the f7p manifold is a work of casting art..why pay £300+ for a manifold that is inferior to the cast iron beast.

gunners got it spot on.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BenR
    i'm sorry Rob, but thats just silly talk.

Have you even held one yet?

I mean, look at the cylinder pairing.....and the teeny weeny 4" secondaries.

just because its there doesnt mean it makes power. If it did, i would say it did.......why would i not, i could sell it couldnt i?

I dont see a point because the F7P item is just as good as anything anybody has on the market for 'reasonable' prices at the moment. Ofcourse you can better it, but who wants to pay for a decent manifold?
    Ben no offence but your talking shit.

A BRAND NEW valver manifold from Renault is £500 plus (you think that is reasonable?)

A BRAND NEW 4-2-1 from supersprint is £300

You are comparing a brand new shiny item with an old rusty item, of course the rusty item going to be cheaper. Comparing both new items we find that at power gained divided by money spent and the supersprint manifold comes out ontop. Add to that the fact that the supersprint will last for the life of the car and the Reanult item may not.

Likewise a new Reanult 4-1 is £550, whereas a non renault stainless 4-1 is £300.

Think before you type

Stop press: Just found out Jean Ragnotti ordered a 4-2-1 valver manifold from Infinicar during the Finnish Rally because he was told it was 'just as good as the Devil system developed for the car'

can see ur point in a way rob.........but how old are the valver and willy manifolds now??

tbh a s/s one to me is just for the looks.....a mild steel or cast manifold can last for over 10 years......so y the need for stainless??

sorry....its shiny........and ......errrrrrrr looks .......er shiny

J o n
    give up Ben, no point argueing with the ignorant, plus the amount of cars Stromba has built to take on the SQM big boys means he knows best

FYI Mehdi has a supersprint manifold on the same day as the cast iron valver one, it made a huge difference in that the stainless supersprint one was crap all through the rev range and the valver one was better. no doubt people will have their own theories on this, but tried and tested on the same day and the difference was not only noticable... but massive. Mehdi even phoned Ben in a panick as to why the car had suddenly become dog slow...

Just because a valver or willy manifold may be £500 from Reno does not mean they cost that, anywhere else you can get a mint one for a fifth of the price, only an idiot would pay that. Anyway, where's the science in all this, where's 'YOUR' proof? What testing have 'YOU' done Stromba, or did you mate in the pub tell you this... sorry, I mean mate in the internet cafe... ;)

there was a improvement when i fitted my Prowler manifold to my williams....3rd was definatly improved and noticed straight away....the gains i would say are 3bhp.

At the end of the day - unless you under go extensive dyno testing with a universal manifold to find the best design....you will have to take a risk.

There are a few more manifolds out there than ktecs one....and in mild steel aswell.

And the stainless steel soon goes dull and tingy once the car get used.....and defo after a rolling road sessh.

Forum User
    The fact is many people have and will continue to make money producing performance enhancing products......whether they produce the claimed results or indeed are worth the money is always more digestable if you have first hand knowledge ie " had one fitted "

I do wish that when a discussion like this takes place that comments like you are talking " SHIT " are not used at all, its inflammatory and unintelligent. The fact is and the fact remains, we all have the choice as to whose opinion and or experience we believe.