Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    You can't get them for the standard setup but if you fit other calipers try to find Pagid RS29 pads in that fitment. They are the best pad I have used and I have stopped 'experimenting' with different pads as a result and just fit those to all my cars now. Those and Castrol SRF fluid and you shouldn't ever fade.

Stevie, you were in on Tony's group buy? You lads went for 25.4mm on the wilwood's. Do you run a standard disk thickness and if so how is the bite/pedal travel?

I'm thinking in terms of not having to upgrade my master cylinder as it's already got a new one.

Forum User
    if your not gonna be doing much/if any trackdays i wouldn't ever bother with the 4pots

mine has the carbon lorraine RC5 pads with HC discs on std calipers and its one of the best set-ups on the clio ive tried, ive used quite a few different set-ups to and these cope perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by fabulicious
    So when ordering you need to specify the Disc Width as shown here..
    http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product...oducts_id=8304

As the standard disk on the clio is 20.6mm I take it that is the caliper to go for?
    Unsure because in a previous group buy they went for 6805 which is 25.4mm disk width?
    I would of thought for ours we would go for a 6806?
    From an old post:

Quote Originally Posted by arj256
    Just to let people know, there are two different types of Wilwood Dynalite brackets floating about.

The one which came with the original group buy. Which uses the normal 120-6805 caliper.
    This isnt a true 120-6805 it is in fact a 120-6806 specification.

And the newer 120-6805 which is made for the 120-6805.
    http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/...arj256+wilwood

Trying to cast my mind back, when I came to replace my Wilwoods, they where from the original group buy from Mark Ritchspeed.
    The caliper 120-6805 was peculiar as it had one spacer between the caliper half's.
    When I ordered a new one 120-6805 it had two spacers between the caliper half which would make sense for the larger disc specification.
    I'm not certain, but im pretty sure I had to send the calipers back and get some 120-6806 calipers which fitted fine with that bracket.

In my circumstance the pistons would have to be pumped out quite abit with the new 120-6805 to make contact with the standard sized discs.
    It would almost seem that the specification was changed through the calipers life?
    Reading through the old posts it would seem 120-6806 are the ones to go for.
    I don't know if Wilwood offer more pad material on there pads now?
    If you could find some, then that would be worth looking into. As i used to find that they had half the material compared to OEM pads and half the life..

Those CL's not spoiling your alloys under heavy use?

Another problem with using race spec pads daily is if you need to brake suddenly when they are cold? They are not so good.

With 4 pots it's easy enough to swap pads for general daily use or for track day use than with standard calipers.

For £350 quid I'm still considering even though I was in yours Richie.

So no-one has any info on disk width choice or is it just a spacer in the caliper?

Thanks for the info arj. you got in there while I was replying to Ritchie

will look over that post but yes I would of thought the 6806 would have been correct also without having to open the caliper to remove or add the spacer.

Forum User
    nah, just give the wheels a quick clean before leaving the car for days etc dust wise there better then the wilwood pads i had,

tbh there not bad at all from cold, give a really good cold bite and brilliant when hot! actually a lot better then the pads i used in 4pots! they took ages to heat up and get bite!

I concur that the CL are very very good. On my sighter in donni last year i scared the living daylights out of the guy in the passenger seat
    He was saying brake brake!! And i said dont worry my brakes are good :D

They never gave up and combined with the 888's the best i've experienced thusfar. But the willy deserves some street jewels.

You selling your hybrid then? hhmm

Forum User
    sell/break whichever lol

either way it needs to go, prefer RWD these days!

Quote Originally Posted by fabulicious
    Stevie, you were in on Tony's group buy? You lads went for 25.4mm on the wilwood's. Do you run a standard disk thickness and if so how is the bite/pedal travel?

I'm thinking in terms of not having to upgrade my master cylinder as it's already got a new one.
    Yes, I was in on Tony's group buy. I know I have kept the caliper box somewhere in the spares 'dump' in the garage but I can go up there and dig it out and give you the exact Wilwood product code/serial numbers from the box, if that is any help?

I use standard thickness discs. Also using the standard master cylinder. I do have an in-car brake bias adjuster plumbed in but I don't think that would affect anything and feel and pedal travel are fine.