Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Bigger brake kit

I know I know flogging this old horse of a topic again but I need clear accurate advice and guidance.

Which is the easiest and cheapest method for upgrading the brake calipers? Would need to know all the parts required.

Thanks.

Forum User
    You can ither go for the 172 set up and change hubs, gring a little off the strut part and change hubs, or a k-tec style brake kit. Or the Peugeot 406 route with Bremen 4 pots. All parts are mostly available second hand, it I'm sure you can get a deal from eBay etc

not gonna go the 172 route and i think i will struggle to get anyone to make a bracket for me for the wilwoods..

so it may be the brembo 406 route. do you need longer brake hoses and a bracket for the brembo caliper?

I'm gonna be using my 259mm discs and cl pads.

Mark Fish has the brackets for the Wilwoods, I've just put that set up on my Cup racer.

Jamie

Forum User
    I think the Brembo fits straight on. Around 200 plus pads is an average price. I'd go for braided hoses as well tbh. You may need to shave a little metal from them with 15's, and possible a small spacer. It's Ben done before, may be worth doing a search.

Just to clarify chaps, if I go for the wilwood using my standard 259mm discs I will need a bracket?

I'll look for that thread ditno..but I only want to bolt them on and go

Forum User
    Send paddy16v a message, he ot my old wilwoods on his, I can't remember how they fitted tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by diditno
    Send paddy16v a message, he ot my old wilwoods on his, I can't remember how they fitted tbh.
    I think if I have read northy's post on this thread they can fit on standard disks without modification or in need of a bracket.

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/...hlight=bracket

The wilwoods fit to a bracket that then goes on the car, all the wilwood calipers are universal & don't just bolt on as they're not made for specific cars.

So I buy "Wilwood Dynalite 120-6805 calipers x2", some new hose's 2" longer, wilwood specific pads and get a bracket from Mark and the jobs a good one?