Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    I have made my point. I dont need to say anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by fabulicious
    I have considered Fish Motorsport for the parts because Jamie in a previous post suggested I contact them because they would have the bracket required. I do not see anyone else supplying the bracket for the wilwood kit on the MK1?? Remember I want to use my existing hubs and 15" wheels.
    yes many other's have offered various different option's but I do not have a wealth of mechanical experience and being the brakes I do not want to fook around with them.

Sure if I had the budget, I would drive over there, negotiate a fitting price and get the job done. But I am based across the water.

But I think we are all missing the point here.
    Jamie chose to go to Fish Motorsport. Nobody on here twisted his arm and told him to go there.
    But he did get freaked out when he saw the webshop price's and then to add fuel onto the fire other posters came on and inflamed his bemused realisation that the parts can be found cheaper.

Since then I've been trying to point out that the internet is not a retail store or garage that has overheads and staff to pay. It also does not provide professional fitting services. Sure it has numerous forums like this one, where people can offer advice or suggest remedies but we never take into account that perhaps the end user is not mechanically minded and would rather enlist the service's of a mechanic.
    simple really. dont know what all the bother is about.

Now can we get back to discussing 4 pots?

Do I need to update the servo or not?
    Yes, you've got it spot on here. I merely mentioned Mark Fish because I know he can supply the brackets and have experience of the product.

Yes, I was surprised by the apparent difference in price between what I have paid, and what appears to be available on the web. However, and as I now understand, the point that no one seems to have picked up is that we are not comparing eggs with eggs here. My set up is for racing, and is not the same spec as any of the "off the shelf" kits. At the end of the day, my calipers came from Rally Design too, so the difference in price is down to difference in spec. That is all.
    Clearly there are cheaper alternatives available as has been demonstrated, but I have gone with a set up that has been recomended by someone who actually raced the cars and understands the demands put on the braking system, and has come up with a package that uses high quality parts and materials - fit for purpose.
    Yes, Mark has to make a living which I certainly do not begrudge, and he has already gone way beyond the call of duty in acommodating us, but I'm sure this is in the expectation that our relationship becomes long and lasting. It is not an easy existence, everyone expects a deal, and it's usually the man in the middle that gets squeezed. I'm very glad that I don't tend to come across some of the attitudes shown here in my own line of work.

I see absolutely no benefit in how far this thread has gone off topic. I get some great advice from this site as to what to do and how to do it, what parts I need etc. but when it come to buying something, I always do my homework and shop around. I know that it will always be on my head as the buyer to source the best possible deal.

I've never used MF Motorsport, but heard nothing but good things about them, and I'm not a million miles away in Kent. Let them do what they do, and if you are not satisfied with what they are any other business charge, don't use them! Simples!

I for one would rather pay more to get what I feel is either a better service or peace of mind!

I would describe this forum as organic in that it is allowed to operate under natural circumstances, for allowing a healthy debate/discussion.
    It is what everyone of us makes it and will nourish our minds provided we all respect each others choice's/decisions etc etc and speak honestly.

I have seen nothing negative in the topic thusfar, but perhaps my own views being slightly bias when Daz mentioned tuners/garages taking price's from the air. I was being defensive as my own brother runs a garage also and I know it helps feed the mouths of the workers and their families in these tough times. And I'm being slightly hypocritical in that I will try save a buck or two by doing some of the work myself, and often go over there and be a pain in the ass. nowt wrong with that I dont think but try replacing a wheel bearing without a bench press He does come in handy at times.

Anyways, perhaps I jumped to a conclusion perhaps not but at that moment I felt it was inappropriate to jump off topic and inflame another poster's obvious bewilderment especially seeing as I posted up the damn prices anyhow.

That said, how do you know which servo match's which kit?

Forum User
    If my friend sells me a caliper bracket that he made on his own time as a personal sale, no it is not covered, but he would just make me another one for a beer. That's how friendships work. If i was invoiced by his company i would have the right to return the faulty item.

quoted from grizz

and if if broke while you were racing and you destroyed your car and damaged a few others then what..

lots of beer to drown your sorrows i guess lol..

some people

Sorry if it did go off topic, and is irrelevant to most. I couldn't help responding.

I spoke to my Dad and he said the original servo is perfect for the job with the Willwoods. Piston size etc was all taken into account and calculated

Quote Originally Posted by samfish
    I spoke to my Dad and he said the original servo is perfect for the job with the Willwoods. Piston size etc was all taken into account and calculated
    Thanks Sam. That's good enough advice for me and very much appreciated.

Part number for the renaultsport brake master cylinder is in the parts catalogue.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIBOY
    If my friend sells me a caliper bracket that he made on his own time as a personal sale, no it is not covered, but he would just make me another one for a beer. That's how friendships work. If i was invoiced by his company i would have the right to return the faulty item.

quoted from grizz

and if if broke while you were racing and you destroyed your car and damaged a few others then what..

lots of beer to drown your sorrows i guess lol..

some people
    Broke like your car was you mean?

* Uncle Schakal * knitted by nanas since 1995 , now available with added GSOH
    Flol @ Barrington massive :D

Fabs , you dont drive fast enough to justify better brakes .
    Dont go all pussy on us :P