Renault Clio 2.0 16v Hybrid Black Tax'd & MOT'd

I’m reluctantly selling my Black 1996 2.0 16v Hybrid.

MOT: June 1st 2012
    Tax: May 31st 2012
    Shell Mileage: 132325
    Engine: Previous owner (mature and in his 40’s) put the 2.0 16v in it, which had 85000miles on it. The car @ its MOT last year had 130055. I purchased June 19th. So between me and the last owner this car has done 2270 miles since June 1st 2011. I’ve done less than 2000 miles in it, hence the reason I’m selling, it’s just not getting used. The previous owner advised me that they had put less than 3000 miles on this since its rebuild and install. So I’m advising this engine has done around 5000-6000 miles since the install. This is approximately, I obviously have no accurate mileage. I’m just advising from figures.

Running Spec:
    Williams 2.0 16v Engine
    Full Mongoose System Downpipe Back
    Limiter Raised To 8000RPM
    Pipercross IK
    Lowered
    Front Springs are Spax 45mm IIRC

Other Details:
    Full Leather Interior
    No history apart from all these receipts, and there are a lot! Quite a few MOT's in there too (see pics).

I had the Renault 19 16v wheels refurbed that ive had for a few years now, in matt black. They’ve been powder coated. Tyres are Yokohama Pradas. Combined this lot has done less than 500 miles. Cost me a few hundred quid these did.

Bad points:
    2 tiny little bubbles on passenger side rear arch (see pics) honestly, these have not gotten any worse since I bought the car last June. Have pics to prove. Ive garaged the car since Sept 2011.

Arches have been done at some point, but they don’t look like they’ve been restored with great attention. HOWEVER must stress that when I bought the car I did not notice this when I was looking at the arches. You need to go looking for it, at distance and at an angle.

Loose passenger mirror

Sunroof surround has been re-sealed and not a great job. Bit of overkill on the silicone.

Exhaust knocks and rattles. This is due to the hanger on the backbox having snapped off. Currently tied tight with zip tie.

Alternator belt is noisy on cold start up. I just spray GT85 on it. Sorts that out. Prob needs replacing.

Ill chuck in the JVC CD player too. Tempremental on the volume though. Needs attention.

Rust around rear wiper (see pic).

Rear wiper not connected.

Boot doesn’t lock. I think this is due to the lock not being the one to match this key. When I got the car It had the boot on it that wasn’t from this car. I think there’s been some mix up somewhere with locks, as the previous owner didn’t want the boot on that’s on now due to rust, but he gave it me and I refitted. I have no reason to believe that this isn’t the original boot.

Sad to see it go, but im insuring 2 cars and this just doesn’t get driven. Cant justify insuring it. Car is definitely getting quicker as it ages, pulls well, hard and sounds great.

PM if interested and I will give you my mobile.

Car located Preston, 10 mins from M6.

Looking for £1495.00 reflected on wheels and tyres.

Also have everything available to widetrack if buyer is interested for right price.

Forum User
    I really like that...looks really well....good luck with the sale

Car is now sold. Buyer is happy as larry. Hope he looks after it!