Thread: Heater Matrix

Heater Matrix

Probably a little late in the year to be discussing this but seeing as it's a mare of a job to do and nobody fancies it, has anyone ever tried sticking a power hose, as in jet wash into the pipes to clean it out?
    I got loads of heat but the hissing sound annoys me.

Forum User
    Can't hurt to give it a go, i'd maybe go for a hose pipe rather than a jet wash, might be powerful enough to cause some damage

Well I gave it a shot this morning. Didnt take long and my pressure washer aint exactly a karcher (30 quid job from Argoose), but got it flowing whereby whichever end the jet was in, the water flowed out nicely the other. Had it in there for about 15 minutes.
    Just gotta wait for a day to go for a drive. Will let you's know later.

have no mot on the car, and my first time out running a decat so took a chance.
    anyway pulled in to get some juice pulled up beside the pump and guess what's parked in front of me? a squad car. was grand though they were two female bobies on their lunch.
    go off down the usual run by the sea, tearing up the road like a mofo scaring the living be-jesus out of the dog walkers and bird watchers . whats coming the other way when heading back home? yeah another squad car. looking in the mirror shitting myself hoping they dont turn around. soon as i'm around the corner, boot it and hide!

so does the using the jet wash on the matrix work? well i didnt here it hissing on that run so it's deffo worth a try and best of all it's FREEEEEEEE!
    as for the decat..that came straight off.not my cup of tea

talking of heater matrixes

are all MK1 matrixes the same? ie 1.2 1.4 valver williiams?

gotta replace mine as its pissing coolant all over my passenger floor pan

Now you got me paranoid about my one Just as well the lord did a guide for fitting them!
    I'd safely say they would be all the same and if your buying from a part supplier they should be able to supply you the correct part anyhow. Famous last words eh?