Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Head lights and non start question.

As some of you may know, i took the moretti lights off the williams and sold them because the looked crap, i bought second hand some clio williams lights, but they dont fit? i dont mean buy a little bit, they are far too small? are they all the same size? because this has me stumped!!!

Secondly, the cars been in storage over the winter with the battery off, on reconnection the battery the car wouldnt start, the ignition lights come on, the fuel pump primes, but then nothing, not even a crank..... we bump started the car the otherday and it fires, but then when turned off... nothing... so because it starts it cant be the immobalizer right? any ideas or has anyone else had this trouble?

Cheers

Kev

could be a sticking solenoid on the starter motor, as you turn the key to the start position get an assistant to tap the solenoid body of the starter, (small part not big part), this is usually the problem, also check all the wires on the starter for decent tight connections, another thing to check is the earth strap, they can corrode over time and cause starting issues

will try that in the morning, cheers

Forum User
    i had this problem last year and it turned out that i hadnt reconnected all the cables to the battery, one had slipped down towards the gearbox, hope thats your problem as well

Could be a crap battery

As for the headlights, all phase 1 and 2 should fit (up to N reg). The indicators should be a seperate unit. Do you have these?!

lol, not a crap battery, ive tested it.

As for lights yeh i have the indicators, and blue strip and light unit all attached... the gap is on the underside, and the top. ill get some pics in the morning.

And battery connections, ive attached 4 to the positive side.

its a williams 3 by the way

Forum User
    Hello matey, got any pictures of the gaps and how they are fitted!

I believe there is exciter/control wire to the starter. It is only a thin wire that can corrode a little. If you carefully remove and refit it may remake a better connection.

Forum User
    neutral connection mega tight? if so the starter idea above should be a winner, the lights story is very weird and pics would be very interesting.