Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

cant comment on the struts. but the adj. coilover kit was a breeze to fit. was the gtz kit i fitted all those moons ago.

altho apparently they do have issues when fitting the solid top mounts.

Dead end mate. Couldnt be arsed buying shite that doesnt fit without a hack.fookin pointless.

My AVO GTZ's were great, except they do leak on the front sometimes.

The AST solid top mount issue was that the big nut on the top would damage the anodised finish on the mounts themselves, as the geometry of the strut got moved about when driving.

The rears never leaked.

My current KW V2 are expensive, but the finish and reliability has been very good, still look new. They are the softest sprung coilies I've used to date, soI uprated the springs with some I had made for them, at 500lb. Probably too stiff now lol. The downside is the V2's are not cheap at near £1k a set.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobba
    My AVO GTZ's were great, except they do leak on the front sometimes.

The AST solid top mount issue was that the big nut on the top would damage the anodised finish on the mounts themselves, as the geometry of the strut got moved about when driving.

The rears never leaked.

My current KW V2 are expensive, but the finish and reliability has been very good, still look new. They are the softest sprung coilies I've used to date, soI uprated the springs with some I had made for them, at 500lb. Probably too stiff now lol. The downside is the V2's are not cheap at near £1k a set.
    Did you have any problems using your V2's with AST top mounts? I'm using the same setup and find that I only have a couple of threads to tighten the top nut, using the original nut. If I use the revised nut I can't even tighten them... Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Its about time you got back!
    Weren't you supposed to be doing a write up on suspensions then?

I've only been in 2 other Williams besides my own, gaz's and richy's. Gaz's is like my own but Richy's had uprated springs and not sure which dampers but it felt very good.

Your mission if you choose to accept it is find a damper/suspension setup which improves on the original without, and I stress without lowering the car even 1mm!

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by fabulicious
    I've only been in 2 other Williams besides my own, gaz's and richy's. Gaz's is like my own but Richy's had uprated springs and not sure which dampers but it felt very good.
    I had standard new dampers with custom made springs which were 200lb-standard height.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by fabulicious
    Hmm thats interesting i hadnt noticed that thread, glad ive seen it though wouldnt have been seroiusly pissed if i bought them and they didnt go straight on

Quote Originally Posted by richy
    I had standard new dampers with custom made springs which were 200lb-standard height.

All this talk and all I had to do was send you a PM