Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leccie Cars

Quote Originally Posted by chip
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 live
    it makes me laugh at how these are seen as a 'green' option tbh. unless they can recharge themselves fully whilst getting used, some kind of dynamo or similar
    WTF? How would that work? lol

They already have regenetratrive breaking anyway on a lot of them, but if you had a dyno running while you were sat on the motorway for example it would just drain the battery massively quicker than not running it.

Solar panel to charge would be a nice option but sadly we dont really have the weather for it and the roof area isnt massive on a car either.

maybe it could work the same way as the lights used to work on my bike when i was a kid??. whilst the vehicle is in motion a dynamo could be driven to recharge the batteries. this would be better than charging when braking imho as you will be moving more than your braking.im sure there could be a sensor to determine if the car was moving or not, when moving incorperate the dynamo to recharge, when static, disengage.simples really.

i saw an electric car at snetterton, not sure what the hell it was tbh, but it was absolutely rapid....and oh so quiet. could only hear it cutting through the air lol
    Probably 1 of those Tesla things, remember seeing 1 on Top Gear & it was pretty bloody quick

Charging with dynamo is not practical due to losses and everything. You can charge the batteries on overrun or when braking by reversing polarity. But most gains can be found in the control unit which regulates the motor. Regulator is the difference between a great electric propulsion and an average one.

Also if you want a good performance you need good batteries (which are silly expensive), good aerodynamics, low weight...

My father used to own a company (about 20 years ago) that was the equivalent of Bugatti in automotive world. We won Monte Carlo rally several times and held world distance record with one charge. A lot of systems in modern hybrids have roots in our system that was eventually sold to a big automotive company. Sad thing is, until you really are in the electric car business, you can't even remotely imagine how powerful gas lobby really is and what means they are willing to use to get you to do what they want you to do.

and so it comes back to the arabs and the oil. until its gone, as iv said previously, advancement of other fuelled/propelled vehicles will be extremely limited. if not kept under wraps completely.

interesting robi. what was the company/name of the cars?

Same thing has happened with cold fusion sadly

Company name was ProPulse. Propulsion systems were installed in vehicles ranging from small golf carts to buses and ships. Just as a random bit of trivia there were also talks with a design studio about buying a platform (a concept at the time), which was later bought by Fiat and came out as Fiat Multipla (one of the ugliest cars I admit). I also think our car based on a Daihatsu body was european electric car of the year in 1993.

Oh and battery companies were owned by arabs already back then. ;)

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by chip
    it makes me laugh at how these are seen as a 'green' option tbh. unless they can recharge themselves fully whilst getting used, some kind of dynamo or similar
    WTF? How would that work? lol

They already have regenetratrive breaking anyway on a lot of them, but if you had a dyno running while you were sat on the motorway for example it would just drain the battery massively quicker than not running it.

Solar panel to charge would be a nice option but sadly we dont really have the weather for it and the roof area isnt massive on a car either.

maybe it could work the same way as the lights used to work on my bike when i was a kid??. whilst the vehicle is in motion a dynamo could be driven to recharge the batteries. this would be better than charging when braking imho as you will be moving more than your braking.im sure there could be a sensor to determine if the car was moving or not, when moving incorperate the dynamo to recharge, when static, disengage.simples really.
    LOL

What an idiot.

If you do that, then when you are going along the motorway the following will happen (figures approx) :

The dynamo will engage

It will convert X+25% of kinetic energy into X% of electrical enginey and place it into the battery.

Then the car to maintain its speed will need to take X+50% of energy from the battery and convert it into kinetic energy in order to still maintain the speed.

So you will have a bettery and a dynamo working against each other, each of them with less than 100% efficiency, so the more you try and charge the battery the more it will actually go flat.

LOL @ you thinking that you can get more energy out of a system of that type than you put in, if you ever manage that you'll make Mark Zuckerburg look like a pauper.

Did they not do physcis at all at your school?

All I can say is thank god there are some educated and people that can talk sense on this forum. Some seemingly "peers" on this forum really ought to ****off and get a life!

Re: Leccie Cars

Quote Originally Posted by fabulicious
    I predict the kids of the future who grow up with leccie cars saying when they hear a combustion engine "whats wrong with that car?"
    Then unfortunately theyll lose out on an intoxicating sound,igive me the sound of a V8 anyday :D

I nearly got run over by a Prius not so long ago couldn't hear the bloody thing coming round the corner, all I could hear was a slight high pitched whine, thought wtf is that, looked round & BAM!! Had a toyota badge imprinted on my left arse cheek