Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WRITE OFF ?

Forum User

WRITE OFF ?

Parked outside my garage when the local district nurse deciced to drive into it drivers side, rear quarter caved in door damaged to say im gutted is an understatment insurance compamy say its not cost effective to repair so they are writing it off i await there valuation with interest , local body shop say its repairable providing i can source a rear panel shame really ive had it 8 years and looked after it better than my mrs nothing after it will ever be the same

There was an entire panel on for sale section, have a search might still be available.

Insurance companies will write off a mk1 clio if it had just a scratch on it so don't worry too much about what they say, tell them you want to keep the car & they'll just pay you accordingly

Someone hit my valver 3 years ago & insurance wanted to write the car off, so I said I wanted to keep it, they paid me £1200 & I got it fixed for £600 :D

That's basically the same damage as mine.

I have a complete new rear quarter already bought and a virtually new door going on. I'll be having the rest of the rust sorted at the same time for good measure.

The panel was bout £330ish from Renault Parts Direct. The door I sourced from another Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by 16v_paddy
    Insurance companies will write off a mk1 clio if it had just a scratch on it so don't worry too much about what they say, tell them you want to keep the car & they'll just pay you accordingly

Someone hit my valver 3 years ago & insurance wanted to write the car off, so I said I wanted to keep it, they paid me £1200 & I got it fixed for £600 :D

Same with me but mine wasnt wrote off just cosmetic but still wanted to write it off, i refused and they fixed it, was a few years ago tho

Forum User
    Result, stood my ground with insurance company ,not mine may i add t hird parties and low and behold they are going to repair it they the insurance company say they can get the parts required i e the rear quarter panel and door, i await the result but well happy best xmas present ive had .

Great news. Glad it will live on! Happy Christmas

Forum User
    Well the news i was expecting repairer rang to say that they are having "difficulties" obtaining the required parts and that car could be with them for sometime they have a door ,inner wing, side moulding, williams decal and williams kick plate but the rear quarter panel is proving difficult still as im not paying for it and i have a nice not new corsa courtisy car im quite prepared to wait. also having the bonnet resprayed at same time if and when i getrit back it will be like new

panel

This may work. Can anyone tell if this is the right panel, ie 16v / Williams

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2707650920...84.m1423.l2649

It's the ride panel for a Williams I suspect, however not for PC-PLOD who needs a driver's side, unfortunately.