Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clio Turbo

Bruns was sent to the scrap yard. But i do remember it being forsale years later

took some slightly better pics today but i cant find my XD card reader, doh! ill look later.

just found out i suffer from the leaky sunroof! thats another job i gotta do.

one thing which i dunno what to do yet is the door mouldings and rear quarter mouldings. ATM i have the thin phase 1 mouldings (black) do the phase 2 colour coded ones fit directly or do they not fit the lines of the door?

other option is completely smooth the doors, fill the recess, but im worried it may crack if the door opens up on something without bump strips.

lastly, i have 2 bucket seats in there atm, they are corbeau forza sports, the black ones, on ebay they retail at around £160-£190 brand new and 2nd hand each.

do you think £200 for the pair with the runners (rrp £40) is a decent price to ask for? they are good condition, no marks from what i can see

took couple of pics today of interior before it gets taken out n sold! also pics of the ally door cards i got custom made

wish it would stop raining :\

Forum User
    Haha mon the clio gtt turbo's me and my mate built ours :D Mines has approx 220-240bhp

Judging by the pictures its standard bar the alloy breadbin intercooler ..has the jets been played with for more boost do you know? ...great fun these gtt engines ...i baught my engine from an ex drag renault 5 that did a 12.4 at pod ..so its fun to say the least. Ive had to stick mine off the road ...hole in the airfilter ..destroying turbo and piston rings ..to say im gutted is an understatement

beast! i have no idea mate. one of the previous owners said its got a ktr camshaft and bottom end was rebuilt. as for the jets, i have no idea! i aint a mechanic or know anything about engines tbh lol

ive started stripping the inside ready for painting and ive decided im gonna keep the phase 1 door mouldings as i want it to look old school. dont want colour coded crap everywhere. the ally floor plates have been bonded to the floor so im dreading cutting them out, gonna be a mission! decided im gonna take them out, put a carpet in, then use velcro strips to hold them in place on the carpet

boot strips gonna be kept aswell but thats being debadged and im gonna fill the holes n spray it matt black

not 100% sure what im gonna do with the grille yet. a 16v bonnet is going on, but i dunno if i wanna fit a phase 1 grille or just leave the area open for more air flow to the intercooler.

wheels are gonna be powdercoaated anthracite, good place in birmingham that does them for £20 a wheel which is a bargain, good work too.

engine wise, ill probably fit a cold air feed to the air filter as its an open one atm. boost is gonna be running as low as possible for everyday driving as i want it reliable as possible

ill try take pictures as i do everything and keep this thread updated, weathers just too cold to be outside rubbing filler down atm!

update! copied from another forum, easier

managed to get some work done today as the weather held off!

ground out all the arches to get rid of any rust, 2 holes, couple bits of surface rust, but mostly in good condition for a K plate!

O/S door welded up, fibreglassed ready for filler

N/S door welded up and fibreglassed ready for filler

tailgate wiper hole n washer jet hole welded up, fibreglasssed, i did grind these down and its ready for filler

bumper had a big crack along it upto the middle and what looked like an exhaust cut out done with a spoon, ground it all out, pop riveted a plate, fibreglassed

ground down ready for filler

arch had filler on it, but it had sat for a few years so i wanted to know what was under it, pretty much nothing, good metal, only 1 hole at the bottom

otherside the same, hole in the same place at the bottom and slight surface rust at the top, fibreglassed, ill grind it down tomorrow

mmmmm <3 the smell of fibreglass

even had my 2 little helpers giving me moral support! even got a " wow nice car daddy " from ava lol and seth was taught what fibreglass does, who needs schools?

so tomorrow im gonna be grinding down the bits of fibreglass i put in and get some filler in it! ill keep ya updated

nope, not mine this, different reg, unless the hoses were changed not my engine either