Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clio Turbo

Clio Turbo

Hey all, i was on here years ago, i remember it was more MK1 friendly than cliosport. Lost my old username details so ive re-registered!

Anyway, bought a new car today, got a few plans for it, just need this weather to warm up a bit brrrrr!

ATM it aint very pretty to look at, filler/primer all over the place, bumpers hanging off and the interior ( or lack of) needs some serious TLC.

Its been sitting in my cousins garage for a few years now just been messed with every now and again, but he couldnt really be bothered with it, so i made him an offer and he took it, it now sits in my back garden ready for me to attack the bodywork and make it mint. Currently it sports 2 bucket seats, a dashboard and thats it.

So, spec;

Its a K plate 1.4RT shell, very minimal rust which is good
    its running a R5GTT engine (phase 2 120bhp)
    KTR camshaft and rebuilt bottom end
    Brand new R5GTT intercooler
    dumpvalve
    PAS removed for weight saving
    janspeed (?) straight through exhaust with decat
    Corbeau Forza Sport bucket seats
    Aluminium custom plates for doors/rear quarters/foot wells
    Black Angel Eye Headlights
    Battery mounted in the boot
    195/50 15" alloys with new tyres all round
    samco(?) hoses
    lowered 55mml+ front/80mm rear

it has an induction kit and uprated brakes but i aint had chance to look at them yet to find out what they are

sorry for the s**tty phone pictures, it was raining and dark, ill try get better ones up if its dry tomorrow

PLANS

- Delock doors and tailgate, debadge tailgate and renault diamond on bonnet, sort all rust, fill all dents
    - 16v bonnet then smooth renault diamond (which ill be picking up tuesday)
    - modify rear bumper to accomodate exhaust
    - possibly modify front bumper to allow extra airflow to intercooler
    - spray most of the interior ( doors, rear 1/4, possibly floor/centre console)
    - fit alluminium door/rear quarter cards which i have ready to fit, fit custom handles and window switch housings
    - full respray outside
    - fit roof liner, fit 16v seats and rear bench, fit rear quarter trims and parcel shelf including boot carpet
    - buy new heater matrix, take out dashboard job
    - while dash is out, fit in-car boost controller and plumb in oil/boost/vacuum guages and make a plate to house on dashboard
    - fabricate a heat shield for one of the coolant pipes as it sits very close to turbo i believe

Cars gonna be a daily runner so im gonna get it as reliable as i possibly can, running very low boost with the in car boost controller i can turn up if needed. I just took it out with my cousin for a quick spin and it f**king flies upto 100, its scary haha, sound of the engine is awesome, im in love with it, gonna be a beast once ive worked my magic on it!

Welcome buddy! You've got a lot planned and got your work cut out! Never got the whole smoothing or debadging thing though! I'm on the standard or strip it mindset! Lose then awful headlights as well!!!

Good luck though!!!

yeah, tbh the badges am on the boot strip as its a k plate ph1. im unsure if they leave holes or not or if its just double sided foam tape, guess ill find out when i start peeling them off.

as for the headlights, 12 hours ago, i completely agreed with you, but actually seeing them on the car tonight and seeing how much better they are than OEM lights at lighting up the road, they are definatly staying!

ive bought a 16v bonnet to go onto it, gotta pick it up tuesday.

most of the work is just bodywork, filling, priming, painting, which i do as a living anyway, so i just need the weather to pick up!

The bumpstrip badges will leave holes and they use dbl sided tape as well. Best way to get them off is with a very blunt knife and a hairdryer I find!

Weather forecasts no rain for Thursday n Friday! So ill make a start on it.

I was gonna renew my membership on cliosport now I've got a new clio, but it seems the love for Mk1's is completely dead! Might become a member on here instead, seem to still be waving the flag for the old school style! How much is membership on here?

Quote Originally Posted by FM696269
    Weather forecasts no rain for Thursday n Friday! So ill make a start on it.

I was gonna renew my membership on cliosport now I've got a new clio, but it seems the love for Mk1's is completely dead! Might become a member on here instead, seem to still be waving the flag for the old school style! How much is membership on here?
    Don't join C*cksport. Join here. It's £7. Done!

lol alright :P, just signed up, do i get a handjob from northy with membership?

is this bruns old one??? looks familiar.

welcome to the club btw

no idea, wheres brun live? this ones from over birmingham way about 3 maybe 4 years ago

talking 8-9 year ago mate if it was bruns. was from manc somewhere iirc.