Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Forum User
    I have been offered a hell of a lot more for mine and turned it down , these cars same as any other are only worth what people are willing to pay for them and should not be bought to make money but to be used as intended in competition or track use. The fact is there is no money around generally so first things to suffer are these type of cars , but for me that car is a great buy for someone. Thanks ANDREW.

Yep, I dont think either that you can apply the general rules of economics to items of this nature. Of course nobody wants to be ripped off but in my view if that car is as straight as he says it is then 3K is a bargain all day long.

In my mind it's not an impulse buy like going into a showroom and picking a new plate car in which case between leasing costs and depreciation you'll loose 3 grand overnight dependant on vehicle of course.

The only thing holding me back is the extra's that lets face it are gonna be needed if you want to run this on track days. Extra sets of wheels don't mean nothing to me as god knows how old the rubber is on them anyhow.

It's a really tough market out there for everyone at the moment. Disposable cash is hard to come by. Personally speaking buying one of these now is very much a self-indulgent affair.(and that is meant with the utmost sincerity).

If it was a bargain, it would have sold as soon as it went on pistonheads.

If it was up for £5 would it have sold already - YES, obviously. So its not that people dont want it, it is that the price is too high.

That sounds like economics to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Cloud
    If it was a bargain, it would have sold as soon as it went on pistonheads.

If it was up for £5 would it have sold already - YES, obviously. So its not that people dont want it, it is that the price is too high.

That sounds like economics to me.
    That sounds like utter shite to me!
    It's a niche market car so your logic is screwed up.

Probably the main reason it has not sold already is the time of the year.

You can dismiss the 'logic' but it is based on reality.

If that car was for sale at £5 i would have bought it. That is a fact. I am sure there are many people on here that would likewise have bought it if it was considerably cheaper.

The reason i havnt bought it because its not worth 3.2 k to me. In other words, the price is too high.

The fact that its not been 'snapped up' is just a reflection on the fact that lots of people who would normally buy such a car feel the same way. Its too expensive so they arnt interested.

Your statement that it is a niche car is counterproductive, because logically what you are saying is there are fewer people interested in buying it. That drops the price not raises it.

I mean if you were going to break it you would get maybe 350 quid for the enfgine and ecu and the wheels would sell. And possibly the cage, but its not a good cage.

After that, its just bog standard renault stuff that everyone chucks away.

My opinion is its worth a couple of grand if its got lots of spares with it.
    So in reality to quote your own words the car is worth more than £5?

So as you try to wiggle your way out of a this discussion with pathetic logic, the facts of the matter are that I would happily pay the asking price for this car. And as discussed with interested parties beyond this discussion, if the car is not sold before the new year I will be in touch with the owner.

How is "niche" being counter-productive? A friggin ferrari, aston martin flippin lambo are all niche market cars. Do they sell cheaper? NO!

Of course with you Rob other peoples opinions and or facts do not matter if they contradict with your own. You are a shameful type of human being and really a massive detriment to this community forum.
    I genuinely thought with jon gone you would change your ways and grow up. How wrong I was.

You should be ashamed of yourself for destroying the spirit that these lads have and really it shows because you cannot build any yourself.

Why should i be ashamed on myself? Its a discussion forum and i am discussing an issue relevant to the topic.

Maybe you should take a step back and stop getting emotional?

Of course if you want to just wade in and buy an overpriced car, be my guest. Its not my money.

If that car was for sale at £5 i would have bought it. That is a fact. I am sure there are many people on here that would likewise have bought it if it was considerably cheaper.

The reason i havnt bought it because its not worth 3.2 k to me. In other words, the price is too high.

The fact that its not been 'snapped up' is just a reflection on the fact that lots of people who would normally buy such a car feel the same way. Its too expensive so they arnt interested.

Your statement that it is a niche car is counterproductive, because logically what you are saying is there are fewer people interested in buying it. That drops the price not raises it.
    But what if you didn't already own one?
    I know for a fact if i didn't already have one sitting in the garage i would have gone and got this the day i saw it, the fact that i'm still contemplating it is something else!

Quote Originally Posted by MatBrown

I know for a fact if i didn't already have one sitting in the garage i would have gone and got this the day i saw it, ....
    But you didnt, so we still dont know what its 'worth' do we?

Everyone who owns a Cup recommends it… that must say something.