Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foil wrapping

Quote Originally Posted by robi1000
    So what would protect my precious car from stones flying my way on trackdays
    If you don't care how it looks and you only need to cover the most vulnerable areas then gaffer a piece of cardboard over the front of the bonnet and then remove before you drive home at the end of the day?

I would prefer something that would not spoil the look of the car. I need something that would be virtually unnoticable on the car while protecting it as much as possible from scratches and stonechips.

I guess it's a bit mutually exclusive, but something as close as possible would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by robi1000
    I would prefer something that would not spoil the look of the car. I need something that would be virtually unnoticable on the car while protecting it as much as possible from scratches and stonechips.

I guess it's a bit mutually exclusive, but something as close as possible would be nice.
    Like iv said in my post above, I would personally use a product like venture shield fitted to areas which are likely to get stone chips as stevie b says

We fit this material for a local BMW dealership to X5's to stop stone chips on the rear arches

As for wrapping your wheels, our MD has just wrapped the front of his X5 wheels matt black and after 2 months they still look fine

Thanks for the info! Really cleared up a lot of questions!

I have a mountain bike that's wrapped in clear vinyl,it was expensive to do and looked great when first done,but once you get a chip from stones in it water/grit/mud all gets under it and it starts to spread under the film making it look shit. Its only a bike and the frame is tiny compared to a car panel size so doesn't really matter but wouldn't want to have it start on a car panel.

Rich,

Do you provide this service only locally? Is there a lot of equipment to carry around if you needed to hop on a plane as such?

Ta.

The company I work for would offer the service and we do work worldwide but it would be costly

The tools needed to do the job are pretty small. The vinyl and heat gun would be the largest things

If anyones interested here's a link to a video of our mini getting wrapped

http://www.astsigns.co.uk/ast-signs/...Com-Mini-Wrap/

Also you can put 'astsigns' into YouTube and it will show you a couple more

We'v wrapped alot of different things now with the m-sport wrc fiesta's being one and probably one of the most impressive on a scale was all the Pirelli f1 trailers and trucks all in carbon fibre

Quote Originally Posted by Twincam
    ...probably one of the most impressive on a scale was all the Pirelli f1 trailers and trucks all in carbon fibre
    That probably cost a fortune!