Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Forum User
    As i said i know nothing... ok thanks for explaining its been enlighteningl. :D

I now know about manifolds.

Forum User
    very interesting would a 172 mani be better than a supersprint?

Quote Originally Posted by walters300
    very interesting would a 172 mani be better than a supersprint?
    Getting it to fit is the problem. As discussed above. Dan has experimented with the setup, I am sure it can be done, but it is hassle.

i think i know where a custom 4-2-1 mani could be bought if your interested. s/s, more along the lines of the 1*2 design, with the 2 centre ports being seperate from the 2 outer ports also. dunno how much hed want for it tho tbh.

Robi - build your own manifold....
    You can fab one...

Use your own specs, fitment will be better, diamater of the primaries and secondary tubing is for you to decide. 4-2-1 or 4-1... Lenght etc... you decide... Surely you can build something which will flow better than the std. manifold. Use the 182/172 and maxi manifold to find inspiration.
    I have a Megane Cup manifold you can have a look at too. Sizes of tubing etc. i can maesure.

Michael

I was already playing with the idea of making my own exhaust manifold, but I'm trying to find the best price/performance(/looks) solution. If it costs me 600€ in the end, I might as well buy original Orbisoud Megane Maxi manifold. Not to mention I don't want lobster style manifold.

From experiance, I can't see how I could make it for significantly less (I'm not interestd in saving 100-200€) if I make it from a good material, so it's either modified 1*2 manifold or something good but used for a very good price, or I rather save until I can afford to buy something really good. Because after all the money I poured in this car it really makes no difference spending 100€ more or less...

Also when I'm engineering things I tend to over-engineer them, so it would probably end costing a fortune (khm, Inconel manifold would cost around 2k€...;))

I heard Megane Cup manifold is quite popular in France and it's supposed to give good gains. But it's 4-1 isn't it?

Forum User
    I am sure if you get the basic manifold and a welding set you will get there, maybe not the first time but maybe the second and it will be cost effective and far more pleasing to do it yourself

Forum User
    I'd just buy one personally, the mild steel manifolds are a bargain now!!

Forum User
    one like yours you mean :P definitly cheaper and less hassle if its made to suit the williams already..