Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Forum User
    Thats the problem I had no cert. for the cage and Devil cages are not well known in this country so we will see what happens next season.

Interesting .......... That was not an issue I had considered. There are other things about the cage eg size and thickness of mounting plates that I was concerned about, not the bend in the front legs. I read the relevant bit of the regs a while back, and noted where it mentioned that a cage that was previously homologated "may" be allowed despite failure to comply with the current standards. My cage does have the homologation sticker and number on it, but I'm not sure the certificate is with the car's paperwork (which I've yet to see .........).
    I think I'd better have another careful read of the regs ! I'm also planning to take the car along to Brands on Saturday to let the scrutineers have a look over it.

Jamie

Plates i am sure you will be fine with. is it just the trackday trophy series?

There is the http://www.csccgb.co.uk/ pre 93 series that i was looking into. http://www.csccgb.co.uk/champ_pre93.html

http://www.csccgb.co.uk/regs_downloa...11%20Draft.doc

Hmmm, just tried to post the relevant section from the MSA Blue Book, but the forum software had a hissy fit !

Anyway, long story short, you are allowed a bend in the front leg of the cage, but only one, and it needs to follow the A pillar. So I think we'll be ok. The pictures at the end of the safety section of the regs also confirm this.

I guess we'll just have to see how the scrutineers interpret the regs. At the very least we will need some rollcage padding.

Yes, it's the Trackday Trophy we are planning on entering !

Jamie

Forum User
    The issue with mine wasnt the bends (as the cage has to bend to follow the pillar) but the way the devil cage is sleeved on the door and roof bars. To be honest it is all in the interpretation of the rules as one officials view is different to the next. Best idea is get it msa log booked, last time I had that done cost about £35 (may have gone up as all rally cars need to be re-log booked for next year) Cages are a bit of a minefield lately. :(

Thanks for that ! Obvious question, I'm afariad, but how does one go about getting an MSA logbook ?

Forum User
    Not sure anymore as my car is a modprod car for hill climbs I dont need a new one best ask somebody like Evogone, but last time I had it done an msa scrutineers did it at an event. I am sure it will be fine. Hope that helps ANDREW.

As for the roll cage cert, you could try and get a copy from devil. Safety devices just provide a photocopy and this is classed as acceptable.
    As for getting it scrutineered, you need to find your local one. Then ring them up and they will organise seeing the car and checking to see if it meets requirements. There is a list of names and locations on the msa site.

On that note I need to take mine soon

Rich

Anyone know how to contact Devil - no luck with Google ..... ?

Forum User
    I had no luck either. If you manage to get some info please let me know . Cheers ANDREW.