Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Clio Williams #161 - £2,500

I am unfortunately having to put my Renault Clio Williams up for sale.

I am sure, if you are reading this, what an important little car the Clio Williams is in history. If you aren't so familiar with the Clio Williams, this is for you.

"In 1992, Renault launched the Clio Williams with a limited run of 500, for racing homologation purposes. The car was named after the then Renault-powered Formula One team WilliamsF1, though Williams had nothing to do with the design or engineering of this Clio.

The modifications to the Clio 16S on which it was based were the work of Renault Sport, Renault's motorsport division. The 2.0 L 16-valve straight-4 engine rated at 150 PS (110 kW) and a top speed of 215 km/h (134 mph), with performance-tuned ride and handling. Renault later released the Williams 2 and Williams 3 special editions, much to the anger of those owners who had been assured of the exclusivity of the "original" Williams.

One common mistake people can make is thinking that the 2.0 16V (F7R) used in the Williams is simply a bored out 1.8 16V (F7P), whereas, in reality the large engine had different size valves, cams, stroked crank and engine oil cooler. Other differences between the Williams and the Clio 16S it is based on include a wider front track with some parts borrowed from the Renault 19. wider speedline alloys, uprated (JC5) gearbox, bespoke four-to-one manifold, firmer suspension, and some cosmetic differences on the exterior and interior.

The original Williams was the lightest of the three, lacking the electrics necessary for the sunroof or the mirrors but was the only one to sport a metal plaque stating the build number."

The Williams is still rated by many driving enthusiasts as one of the best drivers cars ever made. Evo rated it as the 29th best drivers car, wedged firmly between the Lotus Evora & Nissan NSX-R.

This Williams has lived a very pampered life, living majority of its life in Chelsea area of London.

There are reams of paperwork for the car, with receipts of work over the years of well in excess of £20000.

I bought the car last November with full intention of restoring it over the next few years, but i am about to buy my first house, so that is taking priority as my 'project' so to speak. I will be buying another in years to come - they are that infectious!

The car has done 119,000 miles, i bought it on 108,000 last year, and used it majority of last winter, and sparingly this year. I've had the pleasure of a company car, so this can be rested for the the weekday commute!

The car has had a few slight modification's, but they don't detract from the overall condition of the car.

It currently has a full Mongoose exhaust on it, inc De-cat pipe (i do have the original cat though)

It also has Grooved Brembo Discs and Mintex M1144 brake pads, which make for a very good combination.

The car is in very condition, it does have some minor rust on the edge rear arches, but like most Mk1 Clio's that's the norm! Compared to most Williams out there, they've either been repaired badly with the wrong panels, or filler. This has neither, they are all original. It's a solid shell.

There is rust on the rear bootlid, around the drain holes and on the front panel near the drain holes, they haven't got any worse since i've owned the vehicle.

I have some spares & parts included, inc new Header tank & Renault Type D Antifreeze, Powdercoated Rocker Cover & Door Hinge Repair Kit (driver door does drop when opening closing)

I can provide pictures of all affected area's if required.

There are only 130 roadworthy of the original Clio Williams left on the road, i'd like to think this is one of the best examples around.

The car comes complete with a 12 month MOT, and tax until the end of November. I've also recently had 4 x Hankook tyres fitted, in the correct 185/55/15 fitment.

As i said prior, i wouldn't be selling but i am about to buy my first house, so priority's have to change.

Pictures

You can contact me via pm or call me on 07891171963

Many Regards,

Jamie Gill

I'd be very interested in this, although for the money there are better cars out there.

Would you be willing to negotiate on price?

Yes, there is certainly room for negotiation in the price. What sort of money you thinking?

I've dropped the price to £2995 - its probably a more realistic price.

£2800 - it's turning into a bloody bargain now!

Forum User

swap

you interested in a swop for a silver standard 59k civic ek4 vti worth around 2500

Send me some details. I'd maybe be interested in a swap - however I do need the money more than an a car.

£2500 takes this car - its a bargain at this price!

Forum User
    Hi,

Is this car still for sale?

Sorry if I've missed it in the ad, but where about are you located?

Thanks
    Ross

Hello there,

Yes, the car is for sale still. I had taken it off the market & was planning on putting it back up for sale come spring.

I am based north of Newark, notts.

I have just taxed it at the beginning of December, for six months.

Call me on 07891171963 for more info.

Regards,
    Jamie