Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Forum User
    Surely the fog lights connection is straight onto the back of the bulbs? been 5 years since i put new fogs on.
    The dash switch throws the heavier relay switch and with the relay switch live the front fog warning light comes on also. This sends a live feed through the fuse 4 to the fogs (grey wire) which passes through a line connector which splits the feed to both fogs. That connector is near the right hand fog, drivers side. You may have to take the fog back out to trace/find it the first time but can get to it from under the bumper once you found it. Failing that the only thing left is the black earth wire.

yes mate i know where that connector is and i will try and get a reading from it.
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

hmmmm gotta get this sorted.... if i run some new wiring, do i need a relay?? or can i just run it all to the switch etc and make sure i have a fuse in-line on the wiring?
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

I don't run fog lights on the track car so if you think it is the wire between the relay and the lights themselves that could be broken then you are welcome to that section of the loom from my car. It will already be off the car in one of my spares boxes somewhere - I can't recall if the other end to the lights has a connector that hooks into the main loom/relays somewhere but can try and find the wire and take a look if you think it could be useful?

yes please mate! that would be great!!! ive just got to try and trace the wire back!
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

right got outside today to trace back some wiring. got no power at the plug on the drives side where the fogs plug into. traced back to just beside the engine fuse box, and found no breaks in the cable. checked the switcxh and im getting power at the switch and @ the fog light warning lamp? this is beginning to turn into a nightmare..... checked the fuse and all ok. and also taken the relay from the williams 3 (working) and tried in the willy 1, but still nothing?? are there anymore fuses connected to the foglights???
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Faulty switch?

tried the working switch from the williams 3 and still no joy?
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Forum User
    Right listen carefully I shall say ziz only once!
    If the fog warning lamp is on then the switch must be working as it has switched the relay which has made the 20amp feed to the fogs live. According to the manual of Haynes, this is a red/white wire that comes from the relay to a line connector. This splits into 2 and r/w goes onto the warn light and a blue/white to the 20amp fuse 4 in the engine fuse box. In 6A and out 6B as a grey wire that goes to the line connector that you have discovered there is no power to. You have checked the fuse. Is the fuse/holder live though and if it is have you made sure there is no corrosion in the dead line connector? can you get at the grey wire at the back of the spade bit? I would try bypassing the original grey bit by touching a wire from the fuse holder to the last bit of wire to the fogs just to see if the lights flash at all and then you will know you have nearly sussed it.

Forum User
    Will be corrosion I bet iv had this before and yours sounds the same clean up every spade connector behind the fogs with emery paper or something very abrasive just wd40 will not be enough, clean them right up so they shine. Both the male and female spades. Certain will be the earth