Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by andyleep
    What chip are you referring to KJ? Do you sell it?
    Sorry diddn't see your question.

These results were from from a Clio I live-mapped.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by will.i.am.s2
    Interesting thread.... ive got a dyno print out for mine and its completely different to the both of them.

Ive got a near equal torque curve all the way to 6900rpm with no real drop off from peak.

Peak Torque is 125 lbf.ft @ 5110rpm, drops to 120 lbf.ft at the rev limiter!
    Bhp 160.3 @ 6915rpm.
    Both lines are extremely smooth with no dips etc.

only mods it says on the print out is magnex exhaust and a panel filter but it must have a chip due to the 6900 rev limit, will have to investigate.

Will upload it when i can get a picture off it :D
    How did they do the rpm pickup?
    If they are going off your rev counter its perfectly possible that your rev counter is simply not quite correct, its not uncommon for them to over read.

All id say is never underestimate a properly developed chip, i owned a 1987 325i sport tech1 last year that developed a genuine 192bhp from a BBR starchip and half scorpion exhaust alone, stock power is 174bhp and like the williams the engines in them are not that easy to gain power from
    Lol @ the contradiction in that, if an exhaust and a remap adds over 10% I would say its quite easy to gain power from TBH.

Its takes all of half an hour at most on the dyno to find the max possible peak power from an N/A engine on the rollers, the development is all about getting the thing to drive nicely etc, thats what takes the time.

N/A engines are very simple to map if you are talking standard cam timing, as literally its just a case of finding the optimum AFR and optimum timing to find peak power, and with only those two variables to consider that really doesnt take very long, anyone claiming it does probably doesnt really know what they are doing mapping an engine TBH.

Forum User
    Ive no idea how they did the rpm pickup as it wasnt me who got it tested but the previous owner. Doesnt look like they just looked at the rev counter looking at the readings- think it would be a bit difficult to be as precise as this is just by eye. It was done at powerstation in Tewkesbury if that helps

Yeah its a bit of a contradiction that....what i didnt mention was the 86/87 325i had a much higher compresion than the ones made after that date and they respond much better to basic tuning. It also had the later motronic fuel injection setup which gives a handy boost on the high comp engines :D