Thread: VNC

Forum User

VNC

owned from 97-01 then 05 to forever, needs a bit of TLC at the moment but will be mint again, supersprint manifold/ gunner chip/ ebc discs and pads/ devil exhaust.

Forum User
    Finally got one job nearly finished, only been at them for 12 months and only laquer left, the 1st job in my w3 maxi build, and its allowed in the nature of keeping it original as there maxi renault panels.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum User
    Got a little closer to my aspirations today for a n/a set up that's got history and in keeping with renault standard, manged to get a williams engine, the car was first raced by ed o connor in mondello in the production class and won all around it showing the vauxhall redtop the way, it was then sold when it was modified for rallycross, it was originally built by harlow motorsport to 190bhp,for scruteneering it was kept standard, it now has Kent cams and an omex ECU,I reckon that would glean 200bhp which I would be very happy with. Anybody know anything about the harlow Motorsport 2.0 engines? I'm getting an endoscope to inspect the internals just in case I'm extremely lucky to find more goody's,

Forum User
    http://youtu.be/8aHiE9KYkY0 the only footage I can find and answers my question as to whether its been bumped! Contemplating keeping the w3 standard and making a maxi out of this instead, anybody know anything about the car?

Harlow have now shut down.

They were very sucsessful in building race engines in the R5 GT Turbo & clio cup throughout the 90's.

Does it have a blue rocker cover still?

good video that.

How come the engine has come for sale - is there anything left of the car???

Forum User
    Yes still has the rocker cover and the guy decided to break the car and sell off as parts, I got to it before he managed it and i bought the whole car minus gearbox and a few bits as I couldn't let it die!! Shell is in good condition and I'm going to stick my maxi kit on it as its more suitable than my w3,

Forum User
    That's the one... I have a nice project ahead and the next post here may be in a year or two..