Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Modified Focus ST vs ITB High Comp Williams

Was cruising down to Cornwall, outside lane, motorway, behind a dude going about 60 ish. Guy in an orange ST comes along in his Focus and immediately tailgates me while I am waiting for the dude in front to pull over, which he does. I accelerate slowly past up to about 75, ST boy tailgating even more...he wants to trounce this 17 year old non turbo rust bucket no doubt.

I reach the next dude in the outside lane and give a nice safety gap and wait for him to pull over, this time there is a bit of a gap before the next lump of traffic, so I cruise past matey but then decide tailgating Ford-boy is becoming tiresome, so 4th gear makes an appearance for a short burst, I even pulled over for Ford-boy to pass me, but he couldn't. So, outside lane again as I reach the third and last bulk of the traffic. I see the ST guy waggling his arms in excitement as he can see I took the bait and he is ready. Not ready enough :p

Traffic fades away and I absolutely floor it this time. After about 10 seconds at full chat I've got about 5 car lengths on him and still pulling on him till I hit the next traffic wall.

I pull into middle lane and slow right down waiting to give him a wave as he goes by, but he goes off at the next junction.

It was trouncing newer cars like this which is why I built this looney car. And it's running with a slight misfire, a car loaded with luggage and full tank of super lol.

Williams wins. Again

5 whole car lenghts? duuuuude!

Worth all that money then

I want to know how you know the focus had mods?! :D

Forum User
    Focus cant have much done to it if it didnt beat your car on a motorway, should be right in its element there if its a modified one with a 2.5 turbo!

It had an after market exhaust and looked lower. He went past on the inside slip road after I pulled over.

You guys are mean :(

well they are 220 ish standard arnt they (so on par power wise but a lot fatter :P), so was a good result, with a remap and bigger intercooler air filter i have a friends which made 260 for very little money.
    So you can get good power out of them

Forum User
    Don't worry Dan im here for you, Well done buddy! now go away you trolls and be nice to wob! :P

considering this thread is over 9 months old, pretty sure he's just about got over the mental trauma now

Forum User
    haha thread from the dead! whoops, well i hope hes feeling ok now then... x

Forum User
    I have a RS MK2 powerd st at the minute 389bhp 410lbt

Go's really well and sounds immense I've had nearly as many st's as I have Clios,

300bhp can be seen in a st with the normal bolt on mods, I'd say most modded st's see about 290 with off the shelf mods after that you looking at big money plenum/turbo/injectors etc and after 300 you run the risk of split liners,

They really struggle to put the power down after 260hp unless you have an RS or quaife diff and RS clutch,

Id say my current st is on a par after 30mph with my old Evo X at 410hp the pull the st has in every gear is fantastic,

i love both cars....they are good tho