£2500

102,000miles

0217 1-1.jpg

0217 2-1.jpg

0217 3-1.jpg

0217 4-1.jpg

0217 6-1.jpg

0217 5-1.jpg

Bought by our wobba - pictured after he got her home!

0217 7-1.jpg

That's the Wobbamobile alright ;)

Still going very strong, kickin ass everyday.

Ok, so I was forced to use the Williams as a daily for a bit. It was fine, but started to chew oil. I rebuilt the head but I think the issue was with the bottom end now :(

Engine was much better after I did the work, BUT, on the way home one night I was redlining it and I think the bouncing off the RPM caused the belt to slip so I reckon I need to rebuild head again lol. This time however, I am going to get the gripper LSD, 'box, AND entire engine rebuilt.

Also, it is set WAY to stiff at the moment, so hard to drive fast on the twisties, so I should get it all re-set up again.

Even blown up, the car looks amazing

So, almost a year ago now since I did an update. I was working crazy hours and lost sight of the things I enjoy doing, cars included. The Clio has been sat for nearly a year after the incident.

I took the head off and poked about. What I found was I had made a critical mistake without realising it when I put the head back on the previous time. I bolted the exhaust cam guide down onto the camshaft and let it go in at an angle too much and the little guide slot cracked. At high RPM it vibrated into pieces, jamming the cam in the head and shearing the cam pulley bolt. The timing was fine, and fortunately the valves were fine too as the deep-dished high comp pistons give more valve clearance than the OEM ones.

I had to get another set of 213 Catcams and a few other trivial bits like a new bolt, along with carefully repairing the minor head damage. Due to work and shit weather it took me ages to get around to fixing it. I am pleased to say it is now running, after I diagnosed a broken wire that feeds power to the TPS. I also found 4 fuel leaks, mainly due to low quality fuel hose. All sorted now

This same problem has happened before to other people with the Catcams, and the new ones I received have a slight design alteration to help with this problem.

As the car has been sat under a tree for a year, I've spent the last couple of sunny days sorting out the paintwork with a major clean including clay bars, machine polishing on the worst areas with my DAS Pro and cutting agents. Tomorrow I hope to clean it more, and detail it as well. The rear Williams decal is way passed its best, but I have a spare decal here. Also the door pillar stickers are getting old and cracking, and I happen to have a set of those too! Finally, the somewhat bashed up rear bumper will get replaced with a near mint one I have had sat about for years. Hoho!

I've got to refit my 10mm rear spacers and replace the throttle cable as well, but that is quite easy. I'll be checking the pistons on the rear brakes as well as they were highlighted on last years MOT.

After clay bar on the worst area...it was totally covered in tree pooh previous to this:

Bit of gentle machine polishing:

You should have seen it before!

Still not finished. This is just getting rid of the built up crap prior to the main cleaning and detailing. The black wheels will be off before long and the gold back on:

There are now quite a few of the usual stone chips on the bonnet and front bumper, so that needs sorting but it's not a big deal.

I may get the car all up to par and sell it after this though. I'd rather just have the one car now and it is a shame I can't really enjoy the Clio as much anymore. Prices are erratic right now but heading upwards, which is good for me!

Wow, quite a lot been happening to "TAC", looks like you have a bit of mechanical work planned there. The cars still looking good though, especially after its 12 months exposure to tree sap. Hopefully you found the detailing of the paintwork therapeutic 👍

Most of the mechanicals are sorted now, except I will replace the throttle cable this weekend. There's a couple of electrical things to do, but everything works. Think my dipstick is leaking a little at the base, which explains why I was losing oil before the car was sat...I think it was my own fault as I had to put pressure on the dipstick to get the Jenvey ITB's in place and the dipstick gets in the way a bit. Oh well no real harm done, I have a spare dipstick flute thing in the loft

I need to rewire the TPS as well. When I fired her up for the first time, it was fine at idle but the revs were not great. I have an Emerald ECU on mine, each time you do any work which may affect the TPS you need to re-calibrate it, which is easy as long as you have the software and laptop hooked up to it. I noticed that there was no reading so I poked about and noticed the 5v power wire had corroded away. I bodge rewired it, it's fine but a little messy and I wanted to redo the loom anyway. Car revved fine after that.

Yes, the car cleaning was relaxing hehe, and I got satisfying results. Still got more to go! Need to get it back to this!

Spotted on Facebook 8th January 2015

cars you don’t see anymore, spotted - pre 94 vehicles only

Attached Images Attached Images

Haha! Wow. That's when it had all the goodies as well...ITB's LSD etc :D

Where the hell did you find that pic!?

How's it looking these days?