Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: horse sh*t idle

* Uncle Schakal * knitted by nanas since 1995 , now available with added GSOH
    You are the one that got emotional claiming your are the most clever around here and no one else thought of taking it to a garage to have it looked at .

For the record ,people have been on diagnostics regarding this and none of them came back with any solid answers so far . So unless your magic garage has got a cyrstal ball ,i have just saved you monies.

But yeah you are right, i dont want this turning into a dummy spatting thread so less of the quotes please . If you have not got anything positive to say and all that ...

Quote Originally Posted by schakal
    You are the one that got emotional claiming your are the most clever around here and no one else thought of taking it to a garage to have it looked at .
    Re-read my first post. I even added at the bottom that it was purely "my 2p", which I am entitled to. I did not claim to be the most clever around. Far from it. The knowledge on here it second to none and I am merely trying to get an understanding of the Clio Williams and how it works.

For the record ,people have been on diagnostics regarding this and none of them came back with any solid answers so far . So unless your magic garage has got a cyrstal ball ,i have just saved you monies.
    I can't see anywhere on this thread which says that anyone has checked the diagnostics or even been to a garage for them to diagnose the problem. I'm not saying anyone is in the wrong, I was, again, just stating my opinion

But yeah you are right, i dont want this turning into a dummy spatting thread so less of the quotes please
    Less of the quotes? I am using the 'quote' button as many people do. (I don't think I get you here)

If you have not got anything positive to say and all that ...
    I haven't said anything negative (again I don't get you here), only my opinion.

I think you should just leave it. You are reading too much in to my posts, and getting the wrong idea.

* Uncle Schakal * knitted by nanas since 1995 , now available with added GSOH
    Ok :D

Quote Originally Posted by p4cks
    By sheer coincidence my Willy 3 has started to do the same (idles at 1400 once it has warmed up, but when cold it cuts out at the first few junctions I come to) but instead of fannying on looking for the fault I'm going to take it to a garage for them to find the fault, then fix it. It's a damn sight cheaper than chasing the problem yourself and replacing parts unnecessarily just because you don't want to spend the money at a garage.

Just my 2p.
    This is a very different problem to what Schaks has or I have experienced.

p4cks you can take it to renault if you like just as I did for the speedo cable/pin issue you have. And they put it on a diagnostic machine and charged me £40. Did they find the answer?? No.

I gave you the solution as myself and the others on this thread have given to schaks.

Just be careful about jumping onto threads!!!

When I said 'garage', I didn't mean Renault. I'd never take my car there!

No bother.

Just remember these lads are tuners/engine builders. They can guide you to what the issue problem may be but it's only through the experience of members from the past and present that we can share the knowledge and help the new lads such as yourself out.

Some task's are easier than others. If your not technically minded or even mechanically minded then the best bet is a mechanic. But at least you can go there with some knowledge so they don't try rip you off.

I dont believe for one minute the line "use common sense". Common is something that you do day in day out such as your own work or going to the petrol station to fill up the tank.

Common IS NOT fixing/repairing older cars if it is not your job or lifetime hobby.