Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: horse sh*t idle

Indeed it did fella also check icsv

* Uncle Schakal * knitted by nanas since 1995 , now available with added GSOH
    Quote Originally Posted by ratboyvalver
    Indeed it did fella also check icsv
    Nice one .
    I am not so hopefull but will deffo give this a shot .

My icsv connector was loose making it idle high then stall

Did you find the problem, havent been on in a while ill try send you a pic of the ECU if you still want it. THe car runs fine its just crap idle when cold

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy3767
    Did you find the problem, havent been on in a while ill try send you a pic of the ECU if you still want it. THe car runs fine its just crap idle when cold

Still have this problem but i have not changed anything as yet .
    Had it this morning only for 3 minutes than she ran fine all the way .
    Some days she runs like this even when warm now .
    But there are so many little bits i have to fix with my car when i can find the chance to pull it off the road . One of manifold (log) to downpipe studs have snapped god knows when which is probably not helpin either.

I would appreciate the pic of ecu to see where it was burnt .

Are you still using the burnt ecu ? There are companies such as ecu doctor which might be able to fix it for you .

Re: horse sh*t idle

as above on cold start, idles lovely but when warm idle drops to 400rpm ges lumpy then revs up to 1500rpm then drops to 1000rpm then falls to 400rpm and so on. checked tps for resistance its all ok. checked all earths. any other ideas ?

Damp or water. Nothing else. Which component I have no idea but my guess is it's something pretty down low on the car body/engine..such as lambda.

Reason I say this..I never had this problem before and on the night of the flood when I drove the car out of the garage mine started doing exactly as the youtube vid of schak's above.

Thereafter the garage had been damp for a while and the car kept doing it. After I saw sense and installed a de-humidifier the problem went away.

And just to prove the point, the other day I was jetting out the heater matrix and water was gushing out of the pipes onto the lambda plug and OR knock sensor the problem has come back!

I will let the car sit in the garage with the de-humidifier on for a week (AND NOT TAMPER WITH ANYTHING) and let you's know if it comes back.

These cars hate the british weather!

Re: horse sh*t idle

Quote Originally Posted by fabulicious
    as above on cold start, idles lovely but when warm idle drops to 400rpm ges lumpy then revs up to 1500rpm then drops to 1000rpm then falls to 400rpm and so on. checked tps for resistance its all ok. checked all earths. any other ideas ?

Damp or water. Nothing else. Which component I have no idea but my guess is it's something pretty down low on the car body/engine..such as lambda.

Reason I say this..I never had this problem before and on the night of the flood when I drove the car out of the garage mine started doing exactly as the youtube vid of schak's above.

Thereafter the garage had been damp for a while and the car kept doing it. After I saw sense and installed a de-humidifier the problem went away.

And just to prove the point, the other day I was jetting out the heater matrix and water was gushing out of the pipes onto the lambda plug and OR knock sensor the problem has come back!

I will let the car sit in the garage with the de-humidifier on for a week (AND NOT TAMPER WITH ANYTHING) and let you's know if it comes back.

These cars hate the british weather!
    My gut feeling says excatly the same thing , something gets damp and once it warms up an dries its fine again .

Also the amount of extra white smoke coming off the exhaust (while driving ) during the stalling / low rpm cycle makes me think its lacking IGNITION rather than FUEL or AIR !!

By sheer coincidence my Willy 3 has started to do the same (idles at 1400 once it has warmed up, but when cold it cuts out at the first few junctions I come to) but instead of fannying on looking for the fault I'm going to take it to a garage for them to find the fault, then fix it. It's a damn sight cheaper than chasing the problem yourself and replacing parts unnecessarily just because you don't want to spend the money at a garage.

Just my 2p.

Quote Originally Posted by p4cks
    By sheer coincidence my Willy 3 has started to do the same (idles at 1400 once it has warmed up, but when cold it cuts out at the first few junctions I come to) but instead of fannying on looking for the fault I'm going to take it to a garage for them to find the fault, then fix it. It's a damn sight cheaper than chasing the problem yourself and replacing parts unnecessarily just because you don't want to spend the money at a garage.

Just my 2p.
    You think its that easy and we are all tight cnuts who are trying to avoid spending a couple of quid on a diagnostic machine ??

Dying see how far you will get with the garage fixing it for you . lol

Quote Originally Posted by schakal

You think its that easy and we are all tight cnuts who are trying to avoid spending a couple of quid on a diagnostic machine ??
    No that is not was I was eluding to. I was merely stating that in some cases it might be cheaper to take it to a garage rather than DIY and spend money on replacing parts which don't need to be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by schakal
    Dying see how far you will get with the garage fixing it for you . lol
    Well it goes in next week for this, and a few other things so I'm happy to report back if you like?

I may have touched a nerve with you, however that was not my intention so in future I'd recommend you counting to 5 before you post next time so as to avoid you coming across as a petulant child.