Forum User

Renault Sport group N ecu

Does anybody now if a Williams RS gr N ECU can handle such modifications like slightly wilder cams and open air filter instead of the OEM airbox?

As far as i know,the exhaust internal diameter of the genuine RS exhaust was 53mm with only one backbox(no cat of course).

I just want to know after which mods the air/fuel ratio will start to go dangerously lean.

Hi. There is more to consider than just the AFR. Incorrect ignition advance will also destroy an engine in short order.

IIRC, the Goup N chip was designed for a stock, blueprinted F7R engine. Not for cams. Attempting to run a chip designed for stock cams on an engine with uprated cams will, at best end off with a poorly running car and, at worst, a non-running car!

To get the best power, reliability and driveability you need to get your ecu custom-mapped to suit your particular engine.

Forum User
    I haven't used yet a wideband gauge to check the air/fuel ratio but from some indications,such as black smoke from the exhaust on gear change in high revs and from the color of the spark plugs,i supposed that it is running rather rich on fuel.

I got an Innovate LC-1 so i will try to measure the air/fuel ratio with this ECU when i will finish with "breathing" mods and then decide about cams.