Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: L350LMO

Forum User

L350LMO

hey guys

does anyone know anything about this clio?
    or is anyone else watching it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-RENAULT-C...item3f0afdfd68

thanks

Lee

I am watching it, potential project, but I think it may be too much to take on for now.

Forum User
    I've also been watching it and been asking questions about it this week. Basically here is the main bad stuff:

1) The engine is probably knackered as it sounds like the camblet has snapped
    2) The boot doesn't sit properly at one side - poss had a rear shunt in the past
    3) The Williams stickers are in filled with blue (from what I can see anyway) so they may have been replaced at some point (maybe it's had work at the rear in the past?)
    4) Holes cut in the door panels for speakers
    5) Rear parcel shelf doesn't have the suit carrier
    6) Drivers seat will need replacing
    7) Dent in drivers door
    8 ) Big hole in drivers side rear wheelarch.

Having said all that, depending on what it goes for I may still have a punt as I want a knackered Williams 1 to use as a reference to help me put mine back together, and this one seems pretty knackered to me

Forum User
    ... and there's also the damage to the passenger door.

Forum User
    its a bit of a reck, i dont think it has a engine problem as he said it turns over and he told me there is no compression, if there was no compression it wouldent turn over?

i noticed the boot. it might have had the rear quarter changed at some point.

thanks for all your replies lads much appreciated.

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by lee2
    its a bit of a reck, i dont think it has a engine problem as he said it turns over and he told me there is no compression, if there was no compression it wouldent turn over?
    No compression would make it turn over even easier

looks very dodgy! Ive had engines turn over and sound ok when the cam belt has snapped and bent all the valves!

the rust is pretty bad but fixable i guess.

good project for someone.

holes cut for speakers!!!!! Fail!!!!

Forum User
    the guy recons it turns over slow so if there was no compression at all it would turn over faster? or its seized?

well i got a willy 2 with a box problem so if i did have it i woulda eiher got it sorted or had it for spares for my willma.

hate the door cards!!

what you rekon its worth lads?
    i wouldent wana pay more than 500 really 600 max?

thanks all

Lee

Yer it probably turns over slow because the belt has snapped and most of the valves are now shut (inlet not linked to the exhaust cam)

Either way you have to treat it as the engines fooked (worse case) anything less is a bonus!

Gotta be worth £600 I'd say. Still a Williams one and that rust don't look bad. As for the boot it looks the wrong colour... It could have been rusty and changed and lined up wrong?

As Flan says, assume engine ****ed and it needing bodywork, and probably a bunch of other stuff.

I have a lot of 'bunch of other stuff' here, and a spare engine ;)