Thread: How many left

Forum User
    great find, not sure whether im happy mine will be even more classic or saddend by the amount of breaking going on, looks like 3's are dissapearing fast!

Very interesting indeed. Ditto Paul. Very sad to see how many bite the dust each year.

Forum User
    ah well for that to register you have to tax the car each yr....mines been off the road for a yr and half so its not one of the willy 2's on there...so they'll be many more in the same situation.

I'm pretty sure that list also tells you how many are SORN as well so yours will also be on there Tom

These figures have been completely misunderstood if the article on the home page from 2014 is being believed by anyone. The link in the first post takes you to the LICENSED cars and does NOT include SORN cars . If you click through you see the figures of 75 licensed PLUS 148 sorn.
    This was brought to my attention by a dealer quoting this site as saying on only 80 Williams are left and linking to the forum. Utter rubbish.
    Last edited by GPH; 19-11-2016 at 20:34.

Quote Originally Posted by GPH View Post
    These figures have been completely misunderstood if the article on the home page from 2014 is being believed by anyone. The link in the first post takes you to the LICENSED cars and does NOT include SORN cars . If you click through you see the figures of 75 licensed PLUS 148 sorn.
    This was brought to my attention by a dealer quoting this site as saying on only 80 Williams are left and linking to the forum. Utter rubbish.
    If you had looked a little further you would have seen this....

http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/show...are-left/page2

Regards ian

Quote Originally Posted by ianbirch View Post
    If you had looked a little further you would have seen this....

http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/show...are-left/page2

Regards ian
    Unfortunately Ian it's the 2011 thread that is a sticky at the top of the forum and this later thread was obviously also ignored by the site admin as they still have the corresponding inaccurate article on the front Home page which is why it is being quoted by a car dealer trying to convince potential buyers that there are only 80 Williams left, when the correct figure is 223+.
    Surely this site should be accurate on something as basic as how many are left?
    The article on the Home page needs removing.
    regards
    Graeme
    Last edited by GPH; 20-11-2016 at 15:21.

Nice site you found
    but are you sure the information is correct and up-to-date?

Quote Originally Posted by SerenaShah View Post
    Nice site you found
    but are you sure the information is correct and up-to-date?
    It's not closely up to date as the information it gets from the DVLA is published quarterly and slightly behind, so expect to see the numbers for the 1st quarter of this year to be available around September sort of time