I am posting this on behalf of a good friend and am after some advice as to things to look into. The engine is a new fresh build F7p with new rings, bearings, honed bores, skimmed OE piston etc..

I will add the engine has only been started once and the rings haven't bedded (not sure what sort of comp results he should get with new unbeeded rings).

This is his problem which i have cut and pasted - (this is not my engine mine works).

OK, since my F7P started & revved up a little high, (deffo no more than 4 or 5k & deffo didn't hit the limiter, prob started for 3 or 4 secs max) it won't start.
It's got fuel, it's got spark as I've checked this numerous times, checked leads & plugs, they all spark, swapped leads got a backfire a couple of times but it's deffo not catching.
Today I went over to try again thinking it could have been flooded, no such luck so I did a compression test..................

1. hardly registered
2. 45 psi
3. 45 psi
4. 10 if I was lucky

Now I am assuming that this probably means I've slipped the cambelt as those are woeful even for a block that the rings haven't bedded in on
I have had the pistons skimmed by 1.9mm so I'm hoping the valves should be clear & it's just a case of re-timing the belt, I wasn't able to check as my torx bits were at home so couldn't get the cover off.
I can't see any other reason why it won't start now either, it all seems to point to cam timing ?? ?