Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Forum User
    people will get the wrong impression by you're post...and i cant blame them.

If you could be more specific maybe i can correct myself...

Forum User
    To find the answer why it had a faillure, not easy. Whe read words on a board and the only thing whe can do is guess.

Its only the 3th cilinder that has ringfaillure, what about the other cilinders? Compressiontest ?

Pistons dont need to be coated (answer to one off the above posts), all the older types didnt had coatings but they are all forged. (JE, Arias, Wossner, you name them). More up to date pistons got coatings on the side. If they are better...dont know. Never had problems with old or new types.

Reason for the specific ringfaillure ? The pistontop isnt demaged because off detonation, not seen in the picture. So i dont think that its got something to do with fueling and ignition or map overall. So what is it then ? Bad fitment ? Boresize to big ?

Whe dont now without tests, whe can guess whatever whe want.

One thing i know for sure, when i see that piston, i'm sure the cilinder needs to get honed (at least) or rebore. If it was my engine, i'll took it all out just to check and measure.

btw, tutuur, in Uk you can find many decals (stickers) wich say: build, not bought. Whats you're story ?

appologies for my bad translation.

Mine is build by someone else and then i bought it :P

Thanks for the enrigement of info!

Still i don't know what's the piece of my post that could confuse people?
    Just to declare: i didn't say it was a failure due to fueling.

And with the t28 i mean the t28 with .86 ar he mentioned.

Time for james to come in. Too much posts already.

(although i think hes in the garage right now)

Forum User
    Whats wrong with the T28 and .86 turbine ? Ive got the GT28RS, same turbine size, 60 compressor.

Nothing :P nevermind...

I asked what part of my post might be confusing?

Forum User
    because its worthless ?

Ok My compression results were when I discovered the problem,

1 - 150psi
    2 - 150psi
    3 - 60psi
    4 - 148psi

As you can see the 3 of the bores were fine, number 3 was well down.

Yes the VW / Audi FPR is identical in appearance and size as the OE 3bar FPR other than it says 4 bar on the side :D

With ref to price I paid for the engine I paid £1240.00 from a bloke in Braintree, Essex thought I was getting a deal as bottom end is fully forged and Enginering dymanice aka BBPT are after £1800 for a fully built engine wish I had gone down that route now.

I ended up having the Piston ring gaps machined slightly larger to accept OE size piston rings, I also had the piston tested for roundness and it was perfectly fine, Engine is all back together again and the car is running.

the only problem I have is high revving that increases by itself my thoughts were air leak but I have fitted all new gaskets to the inlet and TB and it's still doing it all vacum ports are in use aswell, I can only think TB TPS is out or the injecotor rubber seals into the head are not sealing properly, I am going to do some tests tonight to see if it leaks anyway where with some Wd40 and brake cleaner :D

There is a further update I have now diteched the chargecooler even though i have not dirven the car I have never liked them and now have a Twin PAS intercooler on the way.

Conversion so far has cost me £2093.00 which to be honest isn't to bad

Ok will add

Piston bore sizes are standard measurement, the JE forged pistons are also standard size.