[F7P] Valver - supercharged

Hi,

I saw the protoxide clio supercharged and I'm thinking about copying their solution - supercharger combined with intake manifold.

However - I've got few questions, and since F7P modding is not really popular in Poland (not much Williams, 16s clio's or R19 16s) - I would like to ask You

I'm thinking about 5-6 psi boost (0.3-0.5 Bar)
    1) internals will take? or do I need to decompress, buy forged pistons etc?

2) ECU/Injectors - mapping necessary as I suspect, however will standard injectors cope with power? expected maximum of 180-190HP. Or basing on changed Map sensor ECU will take the necessary correction (if injectors will be enough) basing on Lambda?

3) running alternator on the other side of the belt - good idea? it will give me good belt running options for the supercharger. Any serious risk of slip?

4) how much power do F7P give on turbos with that type of boost? (it would give a rough estimate of power from supercharger) - is it around 160 or 180 HP?

Any other advices/tips/tricks will be welcome

Forum User
    standard internals will take 7/9 psi without any major mods but thicker gaskets are a good idea 1.6mm

injectors should cope but running renault 21 turbo injectors is the next stage up

would lower alternator and run extra pulleys for supercharger pump

they run around 217bhp with that amount of boost

but much easier to run the same power with a turbo set up

Why do you say that turbo will be easier?
    There's the manifold to make, oil supply etc.

ok. so 5-6 psi will give me ~200BHP.

I'm not really thinking about next stage (at the moment) - I think that 1100kgs + long gearbox (JB3028 from F3N or diesel engines mounted in R19) combined with 200hp will be enough (I also think that more than 200Hp in FWD car is not really useful without LSD)

As for other users - you could consider this gearbox it gives (@ 6950 RPM, with standard 195/50/R15 wheels)
    1)- ~60 km/h
    2) 110 km/h
    3) 157 km/h
    4) ~214 km/h
    5) ~265 km/h

My F7P copes with 4th gear givin these stock 210 V-max however it is not enough

Always thought that the supercharger was easier.

What about Ecu?
    As mechanical solutions are not really a problem - ECU modding in Poland is very scarse. Especially when modders consider ecu non-modable due to soldered EEPROM - and the fact that it is a fenix renix etc. miracle.

We're more a VAG country :/

Sorry for adding a new post - I don't know how to edit my previous one.

And how about letting original ECU and Fuel supply go and map it on LPG?

It has 100-110 octanes :D

So theoretically should be Ok for boost
    IV/ V generations of LPG have their own injectors and ECU's where you can (basing on stock ECU map) change practically everything.

And than fuel would be only for starting the engine and in case of LPG installation failure to roll to next Station or something...

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by michor
    Why do you say that turbo will be easier?
    There's the manifold to make, oil supply etc.

ok. so 5-6 psi will give me ~200BHP.

I'm not really thinking about next stage (at the moment) - I think that 1100kgs + long gearbox (JB3028 from F3N or diesel engines mounted in R19) combined with 200hp will be enough (I also think that more than 200Hp in FWD car is not really useful without LSD)

As for other users - you could consider this gearbox it gives (@ 6950 RPM, with standard 195/50/R15 wheels)
    1)- ~60 km/h
    2) 110 km/h
    3) 157 km/h
    4) ~214 km/h
    5) ~265 km/h

My F7P copes with 4th gear givin these stock 210 V-max however it is not enough

Always thought that the supercharger was easier.

What about Ecu?
    As mechanical solutions are not really a problem - ECU modding in Poland is very scarse. Especially when modders consider ecu non-modable due to soldered EEPROM - and the fact that it is a fenix renix etc. miracle.

We're more a VAG country :/
    thing is with a turbo all the stuff is available off the shelf.. we have around 10 here on the forum..

i agree with things like l.s.d i bought one once over 270bhp myself..

ecu can be modded with a chip carrier and an e prom chip either custom of of the shelf fastchip for turbos so can be used...

This is the latest Clio that I remapped, the only running supercharged Clio 16V in existence - certainly in the UK at least!

This one IMO it's a better setup than the Protoxide one. It has a proper (but v. small) inlet manifold and an intercooler.
    I'm a self-confessed turbo-nut but I have to admit, the amount of torque right off idle is just amazing. For sheer driveability nothing beats it.

http://www.clio16valver.co.uk/forum/...30910&start=90
    http://www.clio16valver.co.uk/forum/...453754#p453754

Thx Kj16v

It'll be a good lecture

BTW the car will still be a daily driver - that was the main reason of supercharging

Ok than.

I searched a bit and that is what i found out

1) I think i will be able to modify ecu - no piggyback needed.

2) Standard injectors are 192 cc - will they be enought to 0,3-0,35 bar of boost? (estimated 160-180 HP)?

3) i will be using T02/TB02 from 1.9 Dt - according to my calculations it should be enough for before mentioned boos?

4)in this case - is mapping really necessary or it will be enough if I change map sensor/ Rise fuel rail pressure - to hmm 6 bar? (or use FMU?)