Ford Focus RS II and generic BMW driver

I was out test driving the car after fixing (I'm very pleased to say) a couple of engine issues. All happy. So, M27, miss my turn as I am being a knob. I carry on toward Pompey scumbag land, always a few ropey hot hatches driven by idiots to blow away there, so all good.

BUT, what's this I see? New Ford Focus RS In my sights! He's cruising along, and I sit behind at a nice considerate distance. Of course, I am hoping he is going to let rip, but we go for quite a few miles just cruising. With no warning, and my car not being on the boil, off he goes, so off I go too!

It's brief, and over very quick (otherwise we end up doing jail speeds, so just as well) as he slows to take the same junction as me, and to be honest it was hard to tell if he was at full chat or not but I suspect he was ;)

So, he pulled away from me at first, but not by that much and I think if I was aware he was about to go off at such a rate it may have been a different story, as I was not in optimal gear, but still not much in it assuming he did give it max effort before he pulled off the motorway.

I do wonder what he must have thought: 'Hmm 18 yr old rust bucket.' 'How still in my rear view mirror? No compute.' OR more likely: 'Damn chavs'.

So, heading home I get to my usual road-test playground for when I test suspension settings. BMW turd ahead starts to try and out drag me and pull away...lol? Not a chance fella. I give up after a moment or two and let them race off thinking they've won, truth is I was yawning out of boredom watching his car fail to keep to his own lane on each bend in a effort to push his lard wagon faster. Was safer to let him go or risk him killing himself, or worse, hitting my car. Pfft. Was a 330 barge I think. No contest

So, 0217 is performing very well, and seems to be getting faster too. Yey!

Forum User
    Great job, no one expects a little clio to be able to stick to their tail!!! When I had the trophy it always surprised bigger machines, especially in the tight roads!!