Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie_b
    At the rear, it is underneath the plastic trim panel that you need to remove on the inside of the boot. Before you bother taking that off, if you open the boot and then put the rear washer on do you see water dripping out from behind the plastic trim panel afterwards?
    I tried getting the plastic panel off but it won't come free. Do you have to unbolt something first?

I have a feeling this is what's caused it as i got that area of carpet up and it's very wet.

Forum User
    Not sure if its the same as my mk1 gti, try looking crap in the well in front of the windscreen, under the grill, there is usually a drain pipe down to the inside of the wing, if this blocks the water level in the bulkhead rises and goes into the footwell - worth a look

Plastic pipe also runs across infront of rear bench, pop it out and check there to see if its wet

Update, the rear washer works properly, i checked to see if anything was squirting out inside but it's not. The main area of wet is underneath the rear passenger seat under the plastic trim.... i just cant get it off properly.

I wish one of you guys lived near me to help.

If it's the front of the car in passenger foot well near stereo it is heater matrix.

If it is under the seat of front passenger, it's the pipe to the rear washer, which is routed on the left of the car under the carpet and plastic trim.

Forum User
    i had this problem in my valver, turned out to be the drain pipe in the scuttle was blocked and it was running through the bulkhead and into the passenger footwell, check under the scuttle an see if its full of water

Quote Originally Posted by Wobba
    If it's the front of the car in passenger foot well near stereo it is heater matrix.

If it is under the seat of front passenger, it's the pipe to the rear washer, which is routed on the left of the car under the carpet and plastic trim.
    by the sound of it, its the whole of the n/s floor thats pissed wet through. window seals, door seals, boot seal all ok??

The seals seem fine, although I will have to test them.